Deactivating/Deleting social media to study for HSC (1 Viewer)

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
Has anyone done this and if so, did it work well? Ironically enough, I'm procrastinating way more than I used to just bc I'm so tired of school and just sleepy in general lmao. Just thinking if I cut myself off from sources of procrastination, it will keep my mind more school-oriented and focused on the long-term goal of entry into uni idk.

Esse

xD
HSC
N/A
Some of my mates and I did it in HSC, it did help for being distracted/procrastinating less.

But still try to have fun on the weekends and what not, one of the regrets we had was not going out enough

Reactions: rvh

Msbookworm

Far from Earth
HSC
I got rid of instagram when I was doing my yearlys (havent done my HSC though) just to be more focused. It definitely helps. I recommend getting rid of social media

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I was always on fb and it definitely did distract heaps so yea I recommend deactivating

fluffchuck

HSC
I deactivated during trials and during the HSC exam period, it definitely helped as I procrastinated less

rvh

HSC
I've been in the same boat as you mate. You don't feel like doing work so you go on your phone instead.

I deactivated my Facebook in 2013, and had it deactivated since i.e. deactivated during the HSC and Uni. It was definitely a game changer for me. You can still stay in touch with the friends that matter through Whatsapp and FB Messenger

Maybe the app I'm trying to create would help students like you :wink::biglaugh:
Legit check out the third screen in the google forms link

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)