Haven't studied at all these holidays (1 Viewer)

studyinggg

HSC
Due to personal reasons, however I won't use that as an excuse. I'll just ask this question,

If I study from now, will I still be able to do well or at least pass my subjects?
The only subject I'm truly worried about is Legal, especially the essays.

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
When are you trials?

If you focus on the next few days consistently, you will be able to do well depending on how much you remember already. The best suggestion would be to brush up on most of the content, and focus primarily on your weak areas and the key concepts.

brbstudying

HSC
Hope delivered from me to you, based on personal experience :D

* Crammed Modern History midterm content in one week, ranked first at 92%
* Crammed Ancient History midterm content in 5 days, ranked fourth at 84% (lost marks in an essay section that I didn't study for at all, got like 6/10 lol)
* Tried memorising my English Advanced essay the day before the midterm, wrote the introduction in the exam perfectly, but forgot the rest D: So I had to improvise it all based on main points that I kinda remember and the question, got 18/20.
* Tried memorising my English Advanced creative a week before the midterm, I basically remembered the first few lines but forgot everything else. Had to improvise, got 20/20.
* Improvised my EE1 creative, got 23/25.
* Same as Advanced, I remembered my introduction for my midterm EE1 essay perfectly on the day, but forgot everything else ~.~ Had to go off vaguely remembered main points, got 23/25.

So based on all this, I'm not sure which to work on first: my memorisation skills, or my time management. xD But yeah, surely if you have more than a week to the trials, then there is hope! Just stay focused.

brbstudying

HSC
Also keep in my mind I was still trying to finish my notes for Ancient like a day before the exam lol. And for Modern, I didn't even revise or make notes on like half the content and was bouncing off my friend's knowledge by having them teach it to me an hour before the exam xD Luckily we had two options for the essay on Weimar/Nazism, and I just chose the one I crammed in better.

I don't encourage this type of study because it is honestly all-around bad and I'm trying to work on it, but I'm just saying that if I can do it, then you can do it.

Last edited:

studyinggg

HSC
When are you trials?

If you focus on the next few days consistently, you will be able to do well depending on how much you remember already. The best suggestion would be to brush up on most of the content, and focus primarily on your weak areas and the key concepts.
Week 3 LOL
I remember most, I just think I'm fucked for the legal essays

studyinggg

HSC
Also keep in my mind I was still trying to finish my notes for Ancient like a day before the exam lol. And for Modern, I didn't even revise or make notes on like half the content and was bouncing off my friend's knowledge by having them teach it to me an hour before the exam xD Luckily we had two options for the essay on Weimar/Nazism, and I just chose the one I crammed in better.

I don't encourage this type of study because it is honestly all-around bad and I'm trying to work on it, but I'm just saying that if I can do it, then you can do it.
Man saved my life and motivation straight out, I just hope I'll be able to do well enough because my half yearlys weren't that good and I've felt like giving up but I know I have to keep trying and get back on track for myself

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Week 3 LOL
I remember most, I just think I'm fucked for the legal essays
If that's the case, then you have 2 weeks to get set for those essays! :p Take the motivation from brbstudying above, I don't have such clutch stories but it's clearly possible.
You'll be able to reverse your half yearlies, and the HSC exams themselves are worth half of everything anyway, so you'll have plenty of time to be set for those!

eddydundee

HSC
crammed CAFS in 1 night, ended with 70% for half yearlys
crammed Senior science in 1 night, ended with 70% for half yearlys
The only thing I presume you cannot cram for is probably English as I ended up with 51% and 49%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)