Should I take a break after trials? (1 Viewer)

sickb

HSC
So i have had the unpleasant luck of finishing on the last day of trials and my last exam is on monday tomorrow but then on tuesday school starts up again for us. So should i take a break or not because i am happy with the effort i put into my exams so should i take a break or not?

cherryboi

HSC
defs should...i finished my exams last week tuesday luckily and school also starts for me this tuesday. I havent touched a book since then. I think its important for you to review what you have done up till now and for you to be mentally prepared for HSC exams. I recommend at least 3 days if you feel you don't want to take a longer break. I have taken a week off cause I was mentally drained because i never really took a break before preparing for trials.

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
Yeah, I'd take a break. My trials end 25 aug, so after that I'm planning to stop studying for like 4 days and do other things lol. After that will be HSC prep almost everyday though.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah it's healthy to have a little reset of a week or so just make sure you know when to get back to work

horse9996

HSC
I finished on a tuesday and had to go back to school the day after. I highly recommend taking a break after working so hard, reward yourself! I did no work on that wednesday afternoon

FocusTutoring

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Definitely. You will be far more productive if you reset and relax, compared to trying to study directly after trials. You want to avoid getting burnt out as best you can.

hscking4399

HSC
Hey guys.
My trial results weren't the best and now I am worried about not achieving my atar goal of 85+. I go to an average ranked school, somewhere in the 200-300 rank.
Overall, my internal assessment marks and ranks are:
English Advanced (72%) - ranked 24/34
Maths 2 unit (69%) - ranked 52/118
Biology (88%) - 9/42
Chemistry (70%) - 42/58
Physics (65%) - 36/62

Do I still have a chance in getting an atar of 85 or above (if I study really hard and get 85% for externals exams)
I used to be a very academic student, where I would come top 10 in all my subjects, but in year 12 I have burned out all my energy and lost motivation to study.
Could someone please tell me if they have been in my situation and a way of being motivated again. Thank you.

OlajideOika

HSC
Hey guys.
My trial results weren't the best and now I am worried about not achieving my atar goal of 85+. I go to an average ranked school, somewhere in the 200-300 rank.
Overall, my internal assessment marks and ranks are:
English Advanced (72%) - ranked 24/34
Maths 2 unit (69%) - ranked 52/118
Biology (88%) - 9/42
Chemistry (70%) - 42/58
Physics (65%) - 36/62

Do I still have a chance in getting an atar of 85 or above (if I study really hard and get 85% for externals exams)
I used to be a very academic student, where I would come top 10 in all my subjects, but in year 12 I have burned out all my energy and lost motivation to study.
Could someone please tell me if they have been in my situation and a way of being motivated again. Thank you.
Did u end up getting that 85+ atar???, Im in a similar predicament to you but i'm ranked slightly below average for everyhing (chem, bio, eco , math and eng adv) in a top 50 school

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Did u end up getting that 85+ atar???, Im in a similar predicament to you but i'm ranked slightly below average for everyhing (chem, bio, eco , math and eng adv) in a top 50 school
rip the original message was from 2018 😭 i'm so sorry but I don't think you'll be hearing back

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)