Just studying half the modern syllabus points? (1 Viewer)

entartung

HSC
Hi guys,

So my modern trial is in 2 days and tbh i haven't really studied much at all. However, my modern teacher has been really helpful with trying to reduce our workload, and he confirmed for sure about a few dot points that WON'T be in the trial:

- WWI: Spring offensive + Allied response, reasons for Allied victory + German collapse, roles and differing roles of the 3 powers in creating TOV
- GERMANY: impact of Great Depression, Nazism as totalitarianism

Do you guys reckon i should still study for these dotpoints? While he's confirmed he won't directly test them, i've heard people say that essay Q's can cover several dotpoints. I am really limited on time though :/

Also, for Germany he said that at least one of the questions for sure will be on the second half of the syllabus, so Nazism in power and Nazi foreign policy. Could i get away with just studying the 2nd half of the syllabus, or do i need knowledge about Weimar to help with my responses?

For Cold War, we're only being tested on the first point; Origins of Cold War 1945 up to 1953. Are there any questions you think may be likely? He did tell us he doesn't like asking question from recent years, however since it's just one dot point it limits a lot of options. He emphasises Truman Doctrine, early crisis and said it would be good to know about ideology but the question won't solely be on that. Also, he said the Key features and issues: origins and development of Cold War and ideaologies are testable.

Last question, with there being just the weekend, should i be doing past papers? I need to relearn the content as i really have forgotten most of it, right now i don't think i could write much at all on my topics.

I know this isn't the ideal way to study, i'm just trying to make the most of the time that i've got :/
Thanks!

ahri

HSC
Study the dot points you know that will definitely be in the exam, and read over the ones you know that are not. Don't completely ignore them, make sure you have a decently good understanding of the events (and maybe like a few key dates/ important facts and figures) but don't bother writing or practing responses. Instead just focus on learning and revising your content, drafting up strong arguements and responses to questions. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)