lol i'm being really petty but... (1 Viewer)

emily_02

HSC
i know i'm being really petty and oversensitive but i need to vent xD

i just got my cssa 2 unit back and got 96/100, which is tbh, one of the only times i came first for anything in the school. People in my ext class congratulated me, mainly bcus they know i'm not the naturally smart type and i had to work really really hard to get that mark. So when i went to lunch with my group (which all did the test), one of them asked me whether i was the one that got 96 and i just replied yes, and the whole group was just SILENT and just moved on to other topics

I know im a really overdramatic turd and believe me when i say i'm not fishing for compliments but i was just kinda bummed when people that were suppose to be my friends stayed silent and didn't really say anything, and people that i wasn't even as close to came up to me and said "i'm really happy for you".

Yeh i'm being really petty but this was kinda bugging me

JaxsenW

HSC
i know i'm being really petty and oversensitive but i need to vent xD

i just got my cssa 2 unit back and got 96/100, which is tbh, one of the only times i came first for anything in the school. People in my ext class congratulated me, mainly bcus they know i'm not the naturally smart type and i had to work really really hard to get that mark. So when i went to lunch with my group (which all did the test), one of them asked me whether i was the one that got 96 and i just replied yes, and the whole group was just SILENT and just moved on to other topics

I know im a really overdramatic turd and believe me when i say i'm not fishing for compliments but i was just kinda bummed when people that were suppose to be my friends stayed silent and didn't really say anything, and people that i wasn't even as close to came up to me and said "i'm really happy for you".

Yeh i'm being really petty but this was kinda bugging me
First of all, congrats! I've only skim read it so far, haven't had a chance to sit down and do it (I do 4U), but that's an awesome mark!!
Secondly, I hate to say it but I'm not surprised (not your friends specifically, just in general)
The problem is, the HSC is a competition, so even when people are happy for you and the mark you got, it's always in the back of their mind that you beat them. I dont know how your friends went in the paper, but they may have done poorly and feel as if they are (for want of a better word) 'inferior' when around you.
Sadly I've lost a few friends in situations like this over the course of high school, so hopefully it doesnt get to that point.

If you'd like to chat anymore about it, feel free to PM me, and congrats again on such a great mark!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

emily_02

HSC
First of all, congrats! I've only skim read it so far, haven't had a chance to sit down and do it (I do 4U), but that's an awesome mark!!
Secondly, I hate to say it but I'm not surprised (not your friends specifically, just in general)
The problem is, the HSC is a competition, so even when people are happy for you and the mark you got, it's always in the back of their mind that you beat them. I dont know how your friends went in the paper, but they may have done poorly and feel as if they are (for want of a better word) 'inferior' when around you.
Sadly I've lost a few friends in situations like this over the course of high school, so hopefully it doesnt get to that point.

If you'd like to chat anymore about it, feel free to PM me, and congrats again on such a great mark!

thank you so much!! :D i'm just so happy to get that mark bcus i can honestly count on one hand the number of times i've been truly satisfied with the marks ive gotten.

You're right, i always forget the HSC is more of a competition than a team effort, and that would explain why some people are so bitter when other people get good marks. I try to stay away from that kind of mentality even though i get a little envious too when my friends get good marks, but i'm still happy for them bcus i know they work hard.

I'm actually kinda sad to hear you lost some friends over petty stuff like marks (you know, marks that won't matter in a year's time), but i can 100% relate bcus i was friends with people like that too xD

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
thank you so much!! :D i'm just so happy to get that mark bcus i can honestly count on one hand the number of times i've been truly satisfied with the marks ive gotten.

You're right, i always forget the HSC is more of a competition than a team effort, and that would explain why some people are so bitter when other people get good marks. I try to stay away from that kind of mentality even though i get a little envious too when my friends get good marks, but i'm still happy for them bcus i know they work hard.

I'm actually kinda sad to hear you lost some friends over petty stuff like marks (you know, marks that won't matter in a year's time), but i can 100% relate bcus i was friends with people like that too xD
HSC is definitely a team effort don't forget that - if people don't want to work with you then don't work with them either, but it's a team effort for sure. We had bio and physics chats and the amount of questions I spammed in those was crazy so without the help of others I would've definitely done worse! But in return I also helped people so once again helping each other is important.

JaxsenW

HSC
HSC is definitely a team effort don't forget that - if people don't want to work with you then don't work with them either, but it's a team effort for sure. We had bio and physics chats and the amount of questions I spammed in those was crazy so without the help of others I would've definitely done worse! But in return I also helped people so once again helping each other is important.
For sure! It's a team effort, but realistically only now that ranks are solidified are people happy to help others (especially those ranked in the top 10 unfortunately
I'm lucky in that I am ranked first by a fair bit, so I always try to help others, but realistically all of the internal assessments are a competition.
Now is the time that it becomes a team effort I think

cdwcd

HSC
who cares schools a joke stop seeking attention fk school

Jolteon

HSC
In my opinion, the friends that are more closer to you seem to be the ones that get more jealous. This is a first hand experience and I guess if they're jealous, then you're on a good track (academically!)

Congrats though :)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
For sure! It's a team effort, but realistically only now that ranks are solidified are people happy to help others (especially those ranked in the top 10 unfortunately
I'm lucky in that I am ranked first by a fair bit, so I always try to help others, but realistically all of the internal assessments are a competition.
Now is the time that it becomes a team effort I think

Oh must've been my school then but we helped each other throughout the year :eek: like we had 3 sets of trials and people wouldn't complain if you asked to look at their english essays or if you asked for feedback from each other between trials

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)