Thread: Is ANU a good uni?

Cadet
    HSC

Exclamation Is ANU a good uni?

Kind of stressed few questions pls answer really need help!!!

1. How is the social life, people tell me not much to do in canberra? But im not really into clubbing or anything. But still wanna have a good social life.

2. Apparently anu is not good for undergrads? is this true, i wanna do commerce?
    3. how is employability and internships?
    4. Is it better to stay in syd and go to macquarie (unsw/usyd atar is too high for me)

HSC

Re: Is ANU a good uni?

Quote Originally Posted by crazygirl1 View Post
    Kind of stressed few questions pls answer really need help!!!

1. How is the social life, people tell me not much to do in canberra? But im not really into clubbing or anything. But still wanna have a good social life.

2. Apparently anu is not good for undergrads? is this true, i wanna do commerce?
    3. how is employability and internships?
    4. Is it better to stay in syd and go to macquarie (unsw/usyd atar is too high for me)
    Look I don't go to the uni so don't take my word for it, but I've heard a few people say that the only reason its so highly ranked is because its Australia's National Uni and as such receives heaps of funding for research etc..
    If you want to look at employability just look at the Global employability rankings
    2018 hsc thank god its over

UNSW 2019 - 2023
    Bachelor of Advanced Science(Physics)(Honours) and Computer Science

ATAR aim: 95+

Atar Aim: Achieved!

The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Re: Is ANU a good uni?

You could also consider doing a year of commerce at ANU, and if you hate the experience transfer (need to have good grades though) into USYD/UNSW through UAC as an external transfer. Or try to transfer from Macquarie to USYD (also requires good grades).

What are you planning to major in? Are you thinking of going into banking, consulting, accounting? Which area of business are you seeking to gain employment in?
    l’appel du vide

Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

Thread Information