Thread: Planning study

HSC

Planning study

How should I be going about planning my study/making a study timetable for HSC study effectively?
    HSC 2018

Advanced English - Extension 1 Maths - Chemistry - Earth & Environmental Science - Geography

Cadet
    HSC

Re: Planning study

I heard people studying ~4hrs a day, screw me i havent started yet and its in 2wks

Magniloquent Member strawberrye's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

I think how to create an optimal study timetable depends on a lot of personal factors, such as when is your attention span best at, concentration span etc (which in turn determines both when you start studying and how long do you study at one time), but I think you should always prioritise-subjects which are the hardest-prioritise understanding knowledge rather than just rote learning it, and understand the logics behind different subjects-i.e. how to approach different types of questions in every subject-learning and perfecting problem solving approaches-regardless of what subject you are studying-is going to be a lot more effective than just ad hoc completing exercises without a parti. end goal in mind. All the best of luck-and remember quality of study is always more important than quantity.

The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Work backwards from your last exam. Consider which subjects you are struggling with, if you have room to "cram" for more subjects due to space.
    Maths is not a subject, it's a lifestyle choice
    - snipez264

Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

Thread Information