Desperate Need of Study Space (1 Viewer)

CinnamonMagpie

HSC
Being so close to the HSC, it seems to me that all the best study spaces (specifically libraries) are full!

I've always been fine studying at home before, so I totally understand how it could seems like the best place to study, but I've tried everything to be able to study at home and pretty much just wasted my whole holidays...

Anyone have any suggestions for places that I can study with the requirements
- A chair and desk that can be found without pacing around for 20 mins or murdering someone else for said chair and desk)
- The ability to eat food (whether this is stepping outside and still having a seat when i come back, or eating at the table, I don't care anymore)
- Doesn't make me feel scared of getting kicked out, or outstaying my welcome (cafes that I know of don't seem to appreciate me studying there for too long)
- Is near public transport or really cheap parking
- Somewhere in or not too far away from Kuringai Area (Hornsby/Wahroonga/Turramurra/St Ives)

I don't even care about wifi or powerpoints any more, and I would sit in the park but it is so cold and wet at the moment!

wassupitsmeyy

HSC
N/A
Hey! If You cannot study at home or at the library, maybe try studying at a cafe (preferably quiet but this depends on you). The environment feels great and reduces stress due to the lovely aromas. Furthermore it’s great as you can sip on your your favourites beverage while studying as well.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Being so close to the HSC, it seems to me that all the best study spaces (specifically libraries) are full!

I've always been fine studying at home before, so I totally understand how it could seems like the best place to study, but I've tried everything to be able to study at home and pretty much just wasted my whole holidays...

Anyone have any suggestions for places that I can study with the requirements
- A chair and desk that can be found without pacing around for 20 mins or murdering someone else for said chair and desk)
- The ability to eat food (whether this is stepping outside and still having a seat when i come back, or eating at the table, I don't care anymore)
- Doesn't make me feel scared of getting kicked out, or outstaying my welcome (cafes that I know of don't seem to appreciate me studying there for too long)
- Is near public transport or really cheap parking
- Somewhere in or not too far away from Kuringai Area (Hornsby/Wahroonga/Turramurra/St Ives)

I don't even care about wifi or powerpoints any more, and I would sit in the park but it is so cold and wet at the moment!
Certain Maccas at night are fairly quiet and okay for studying.

c8

HSC
i know that a lot of libraries are full but there are a lot more libraries in and around the kuringai area like ryde, chatswood and macquarie so you can try going to like several libraries and see which ones are the least full as the library is a great place to study. you can also try university libraries as they are much bigger and some of them even have hsc resources. there are also some libraries where you can book a study space or desk beforehand so you have the guarantee of getting a seat

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Does your school have a library you could use?

CinnamonMagpie

HSC
Thanks for all your help everyone!

My school has an awesome library and I absolutely love studying in there, unfortunately it isn't open during holidays :(

Frostguard

HSC
When I needed a quick read through of my notes (or intense reading session) I just sat outside in my backyard and it's actually pretty relaxing and I'd set myself breaks after finishing sections. I was surprised how fast it was reading all my notes without distractions and even looking at the time.. lol that make sure me look old..l but yeah if it's a nice sunny day, even just putting down a chair and sitting in a spot really improves the ' learning experience' (also probably not right now it's been raining a lot so probs not a good idea to sit outside imao)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)