Multiple choice- first or last? (1 Viewer)

whatafeeling

HSC
So maths is in a few days and I wondering what u guys think or will do in the paper. Start with Question 11 and then do MC last since it’s easier to get marks in that section?
Or just do it in order so u can get the easy marks first and then work on the hard ones later?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoldingOn

HSC
So maths is in a few days and I wondering what u guys think or will do in the paper. Start with Question 11 and then do MC last since it’s easier to get marks in that section?
Or just do it in order so u can get the easy marks first and then work on the hard ones later?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I always do multi choice last in maths exams.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
On the contrary the multiple choice isn't actually the easiest section even though its the first one.
I might start with question 11 and do the rest of the paper before mc.

fan96

617 pages
HSC
Uni Grad
I do the first few MC in my head during the last bit of reading time to get myself started and then go on to finish MC first.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
my strategy was during the reading time, I'd read over q11-15 and start thinking about them and skim over q16 for about 5 minutes in reading time

the rest of the 5 minutes I could get through the first 5-7 MC questions and when writiing time began, i would spend another 5minutes or so on the remaining MC questions. MC is not meant to take a long time and can be done very straight forward

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I do multiple choice first so I don't forget (or do them during reading). Sometimes the multiple choice has "hints" for the short answer or whatever so can be helpful.

bjw22

HSC
I always do it first - think about hard questions (16) first in reading time and then do the first easy ones (MC) in your head as well.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
For 3u/4u just did circle geo in my head... if I could solve it I go do that question first, e.g. if it's 13d I go start on 13a but if I couldn't solve it I just start with whatever looks the most fun!!

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
When I did the 3u paper, I completed the last question first and then proceeded in normal order.

Worked pretty well as I was forced to not squander too much time on the easier questions and at the same time get a decent attempt at a harder question, without the time pressure that comes with leaving it last.

Only suggest this approach if you think the last question is doable though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)