Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Post-HSC Bucket List

HSC

Post-HSC Bucket List

What are you planning on doing when you have finished? What are your post HSC goals?

Cadet
    HSC

Re: Post-HSC Bucket List

This may sound stupid, but im gonna try get that 4 kill/death ratio on fortnite. I dropped fortnite to focus on the HSC and its been 2 months now, just 1 more exam

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Danneo View Post
    This may sound stupid, but im gonna try get that 4 kill/death ratio on fortnite. I dropped fortnite to focus on the HSC and its been 2 months now, just 1 more exam
    haha nice

2016 ATAR: >90
    2017-2020: Bachelor of Applied Finance/Bachelor of Commerce (Professional Accounting) @ Mq Uni

HSC

Get a job.
    Anyone know any good places to work that isn’t fast food
    I’ve never worked before either so this’ll be new for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Adv. English | 2U Maffs | Physics | Chemistry | PDHPE

HSC 2018

The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by whatafeeling View Post
    Get a job.

Tutoring
    l’appel du vide

Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

Cadet
    HSC

im gonna study for uni so i can enter some of the maths and computing competitions first year.
    pikachu975 and whatafeeling like this.

HSC

Gonna watch a shit tonne of tv, draw heaps, play some overwatch and probably start playing fortnite

Also looking for a job
    Advanced English, 2U Math, Legal Studies, Society and Culture, Visual Arts

HSC

Get a job.

BigW, Target, Woolies, Kmart, retail in general. If you're interested in something kind of long-term you could look at vacancies for receptionists

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by spaghettii View Post
    Gonna watch a shit tonne of tv, draw heaps, play some overwatch and probably start playing fortnite

Also looking for a job
    Shut the fu, yes I’m playing overwatch too. One of the things I sacrificed this past two years- can’t wait to get back

Black Elmo likes this.

HSC 2018

HSC

BigW, Target, Woolies, Kmart, retail in general. If you're interested in something kind of long-term you could look at vacancies for receptionists
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    Honestly I did work experience in Year 10 as a receptionist at a medical centre and I hated it so much, I just couldn’t deal with all the patients and taking phone calls was THE WORST and I’m quite the introvert haha

Does Woolies and stuff take you if you have no experience. I’ve only got work experience in yr 10 and volunteering hours.

pikachu975 and Black Elmo like this.

HSC 2018

HSC

Get a job.

Data entry, admin, transcription

All desk jobs that generally don't require experience.
    whatafeeling and Black Elmo like this.

HSC

Also ALDI is upgrading a lot of its places and I've seen a couple vacancies. They pay $20+ for over 18 year olds.
    whatafeeling and Black Elmo like this.

Cadet
    HSC

Get my life together
    hsc 2018:
    ancient history // business studies // english advanced // french continuers // general mathematics

atar goal: 87+

4th place on space indvaders

HSC

Shut the fu, yes I’m playing overwatch too. One of the things I sacrificed this past two years- can’t wait to get back

Ayeeee, same here, started playing beginning of yr11 and only ever let myself play in school holidays when I'd finished all my studying.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Honestly I did work experience in Year 10 as a receptionist at a medical centre and I hated it so much, I just couldn’t deal with all the patients and taking phone calls was THE WORST and I’m quite the introvert haha

Does Woolies and stuff take you if you have no experience. I’ve only got work experience in yr 10 and volunteering hours.

No worries. I'm not sure, never applied or worked for woolies but I reckon they'd be happy with the experience you've got. No harm in trying.
    Yeah I'm quite introverted too, made fast food a nightmare combined with my social anxiety. Would not recommend fast food to anyone who can't do well under pressure - I sure can't

Quote Originally Posted by Flop55 View Post
    Get my life together
    Big mood

HSC

Yeah I'm quite introverted too, made fast food a nightmare combined with my social anxiety. Would not recommend fast food to anyone who can't do well under pressure - I sure can't
    My friends work in fast food and the stories they tell me about all the arrogant customers who just come in and start screaming at them gives me nightmares. I can’t imagine dealing with that

I think I’m going to try out Woolies since it’s walking distance for me and hopefully they just stick me in stocking shelves or something ahah I don’t mind working at the till either tho.

HSC 2018

HSC

Honestly, anywhere you go, you'll have stupid and arrogant customers that have a dumb haircut and screeching voices.

Receptioning or tutoring, especially one to one, is sooooo good (35 dollars an hour).

Other than those, working at Bunnings, David Jones or Myer is the best. But for Bunnings, you have to be over 15... which I'm guessing all of you are lol. Working at a store like Roni's is good because you get paid but you don't have to do very much. Kmart is really good too because you get paid weekly and have these little microphone things in your pocket and all the work is group based which is fun. Places like David Jones and Myer are good but sometimes the managers there can be bitchy lmao.

Hope this helped!! Also, if you work, prepare a tax file number (assuming all of you guys interested are over 18) and a bank account if you don't have one. Be mentally prepared for the ignorant customers and the annoying old music that plays in the stores.

I actually don't fit in here because my HSC's are in 2020 but yeah, thought I'd give my 2 cents.
    pikachu975 and Black Elmo like this.
    HSC: 2020
    Adv. English | MX1 | Engineering | Legal | Phys | Chem

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Makeone View Post
    Honestly, anywhere you go, you'll have stupid and arrogant customers that have a dumb haircut and screeching voices.

Receptioning or tutoring, especially one to one, is sooooo good (35 dollars an hour).

Other than those, working at Bunnings, David Jones or Myer is the best. But for Bunnings, you have to be over 15... which I'm guessing all of you are lol. Working at a store like Roni's is good because you get paid but you don't have to do very much. Kmart is really good too because you get paid weekly and have these little microphone things in your pocket and all the work is group based which is fun. Places like David Jones and Myer are good but sometimes the managers there can be bitchy lmao.

Hope this helped!! Also, if you work, prepare a tax file number (assuming all of you guys interested are over 18) and a bank account if you don't have one. Be mentally prepared for the ignorant customers and the annoying old music that plays in the stores.

I actually don't fit in here because my HSC's are in 2020 but yeah, thought I'd give my 2 cents.
    Just so you know, you can get a TFN when you're under 18.

HSC

If you want alright money for no work, get Youth Allowance. $200+ a fortnight, and you can keep getting it as long as your other income is < $500 and you're studying full-time (OR looking for full-time work).

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by boredofstudiesuser1 View Post
    If you want alright money for no work, get Youth Allowance. $200+ a fortnight, and you can keep getting it as long as your other income is < $500 and you're studying full-time (OR looking for full-time work).
    You can only rly get it if your parents don't earn much or you live alone or you pay rent in your house or you're in other financial difficulty etc etc. Working may reduce the payments you get too but I feel like working is better because you get experience for your resume.

Also imo fast food > retail for resume because it's arguably more stressful, have to be more quick on your feet and quick thinking, more communication/teamwork needed in a louder environment, and more. It's all personal preference but if I was back in high school I would've worked at maccas or something because it's too hard now if you're overqualified and if you're 18+ due to them having to pay more.

Tutoring is good if you want good money I guess!
    mrstripedshades likes this.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uni Course: Actuarial Studies and Statistics at MQ -- PM me if you have questions

2017 HSC Subjects: Eng Adv / 3u+4u Maths / Bio /Phys
    ATAR: 99.75

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by heiresss View Post
    What are you planning on doing when you have finished? What are your post HSC goals?
    Taking a long hiatus. Already got a tutoring job lined up and will probably take it up in late January

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu975 View Post
    You can only rly get it if your parents don't earn much or you live alone or you pay rent in your house or you're in other financial difficulty etc etc. Working may reduce the payments you get too but I feel like working is better because you get experience for your resume.

Also imo fast food > retail for resume because it's arguably more stressful, have to be more quick on your feet and quick thinking, more communication/teamwork needed in a louder environment, and more. It's all personal preference but if I was back in high school I would've worked at maccas or something because it's too hard now if you're overqualified and if you're 18+ due to them having to pay more.

Tutoring is good if you want good money I guess!
    yea wish i worked maccas or something.

retail environments with kpis and sales performance is better than fast food though imo ( i dont have that)
    pikachu975 likes this.

Cadet
    HSC

Probs just gonna rest and sleep in for a while and work at my job (KFC) when they roster me on lol. Would love to get a job in tutoring, but I'm probably gonna be moving to Melbourne in February next year, so can't really help out with VCE lol but its all g

Most importantly tho I wanna go back to the USA and visit my family before I move to Melbs, bc I haven't back in 5 years ahhhh
    4U English | Modern History | Geography | Visual Arts | French Continuers

99.50 pls

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by notthedevil View Post
    Probs just gonna rest and sleep in for a while and work at my job (KFC) when they roster me on lol. Would love to get a job in tutoring, but I'm probably gonna be moving to Melbourne in February next year, so can't really help out with VCE lol but its all g

Most importantly tho I wanna go back to the USA and visit my family before I move to Melbs, bc I haven't back in 5 years ahhhh
    Out of curiosity, where from the states are you from and why'd you come to Aus for high school? And why not go back to the states for college?
    Computational Fluid Dynamics Engineer
    HSC Mathematics Teacher

M.S. (Aeronautics and Astronautics) (Purdue University)
    M.Phil. (Aerospace Engineering), B.E. (Aerospace Engineering, Honours Class I), B.Sc. (Adv. Mathematics, Adv. Physics)

Cadet
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by blyatman View Post
    Out of curiosity, where from the states are you from and why'd you come to Aus for high school? And why not go back to the states for college?
    I moved to Australia from Texas when I was 6 with my family, because my parents got a better job here I guess lol. I've lived here for most of my life and went back for like visits here and there, but not at all recently.

Uni in America is just way too expensive compared to here, and I don't really like the whole uni hierarchy thing they have over there. I like living in Aus more, and I would have to do SAT for unis in the USA, but I didn't do maths for HSC so I would never be able to get a good enough score lol
    Black Elmo likes this.
    4U English | Modern History | Geography | Visual Arts | French Continuers

99.50 pls

Cadet
    HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by notthedevil View Post
    I moved to Australia from Texas when I was 6 with my family, because my parents got a better job here I guess lol. I've lived here for most of my life and went back for like visits here and there, but not at all recently.

Uni in America is just way too expensive compared to here, and I don't really like the whole uni hierarchy thing they have over there. I like living in Aus more, and I would have to do SAT for unis in the USA, but I didn't do maths for HSC so I would never be able to get a good enough score lol
    Ah fair enough, yeh college is super expensive over there, and I also prefer living in Aus.

I lived in Texas for a bit a year or two ago when I was at UT Austin, and I loved it, especially the bbq and the shooting ranges (I definitely don't miss the heat though). I'll be in SF for work for a few months next year, and I'm definitely planning on visiting TX again to see friends.
    Last edited by blyatman; 9 Nov 2018 at 2:17 PM.
    Computational Fluid Dynamics Engineer
    HSC Mathematics Teacher

M.S. (Aeronautics and Astronautics) (Purdue University)
    M.Phil. (Aerospace Engineering), B.E. (Aerospace Engineering, Honours Class I), B.Sc. (Adv. Mathematics, Adv. Physics)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information