I did something on Firefox and now Ive lost all my bookmarks..... (1 Viewer)

bebe<3

HSC
Anyone ever experienced the problem where you have firefox opened but its not there and when you try to open it from the icon a box pops up telling you to make a new profile or something.... I usually just restart when this happens but instead I made a new profile and a new firefox window opened but it didnt have any of my bookmarks! I tried importing the bookmarks but nothing came up....

How do I get the profiles box to open so I can switch back to my old one with my bookmarks??

I hope Im at least making some sense and somebody will understand enough to help!!

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Yep. Firefox hasn't closed properly.

Ctrl+Alt+Del -> Task Manager -> Processes -> Kill Firefox

Then open it and all is fine =]

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
bebe<3 said:
Anyone ever experienced the problem where you have firefox opened but its not there and when you try to open it from the icon a box pops up telling you to make a new profile or something.... I usually just restart when this happens but instead I made a new profile and a new firefox window opened but it didnt have any of my bookmarks! I tried importing the bookmarks but nothing came up....

How do I get the profiles box to open so I can switch back to my old one with my bookmarks??

I hope Im at least making some sense and somebody will understand enough to help!!
My dad (whos loves dealing with computers) says that the best thing to do it to UNINSTALL the whole firefox program. (If you want to save your bookmarks - he says to transfer them to internet explorer for the time being)...then reinstall firefox from scatch from a disc. Then transfer your bookmarks from internet explorer back to firefox.

My dad says hopes its work, cos it should :)

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
This was a not-so-common glitch that happened to me too. Unfortunately the Firefox was corrupt and reset itself by changing profiles.

Try the above link and it may work.

Undertoad

HSC
It's easily fixed by going:
- START
- RUN
- then typing firefox.exe -profilemanager
You've probably fixed it by now... but if anyone else has that problem you can simply switch back profiles so you don't lose everything you had stored

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
A had the same problem a while ago, but had to start from scratch. My friend showed me this really great extension which backs up all your extensions, bookmarks.... and allows you to restore them if the problem occurs again. Its called FEBE and can be downloaded from here >> http://www.customsoftwareconsult.com/extensions/

qapl

HSC
this link answers everything
http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

be smart specify your own location for profiles and most importantly bookmarks that way you can easily get your bookmarks back if u ever reinstall windows, obviously u can't get them back if they are on a hard drive u decide to format.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)