IMPORTANT!!! URGENT!!! Sony Ericsson K610i vs. LG U830 (Three Mobiles) (1 Viewer)

loolee

HSC
I definately need to buy a new phone using Caps in Three store, ASAP. While my voda credit is almost in the end (it's a prepaid).

comments about Sony Ericsson K610i could be found here...http://www.cnet.com.au/mobilephones/phones/0,239025956,240060376,00.htm

and for LG U830: http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_u830-1802.php

If I want to use $29 Caps, for k610i: I would get free mobile cost and pay $20 monthly.
And for U830: I need to play $16 mobile fee and also $20 monthly, which added up, I need to pay with total: $36 per month.

This choice drive me crazy while I have no idea which one is better phone. k610i looks very good but it has very small internal memory, 19MB. And need to spend more for external memory slot card. While U830 is a flipped phone (which I wanted for agez), with 180MB internal memory. But I need to pay the mobile fee.

PLEASE help me to make the right choice....:confused: :confused:

BOTH looks so great for mee...

Thanks So Much!!

Last edited:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
I personally prefer Sony Ericsson phones because they're more reliable than LG.

If you have a LG Home Theater System which sets off a loud bang from the speakers everytime you turn the thing on and have a LG washing machine that will infinitely rinse your clothes and never proceeds to the next cycle, what will you think of other products LG manufactures ?

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
were LG the ones who made the Internet Fridge?

did anyone purchase one of those?

i suggest going with the Sony Ericsson.

sunny

meh.
HSC
I've got the K610i, and I haven't really had a problem with memory yet. I haven't filled the bundled 64MB miniSD card yet! Everything else about it so far I haven't really had a problem with.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
politik said:
Does LG still licence Nokia's **** series interface? If so, you may want that over a SE.
Interface, intershmace. It's an LG phone.
Its build and parts quality < all

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Sony is always the best.

The best design, the best features, the best OS, the best interface, the best quality.

Sony is eons ahead of any other phone brand you're likely to find.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
LG are bloody rubbish, and I'm saying this as a person who works with selling mobiles. We send a lot of LG's off to repair - especially that piece of shit 'Chocolate' KG800 series, stay away from them.

Definitly go with the K610i, is that LG one 3G as well?

I thought the Nokia 6288 was free on the $29 cap at 3, in my opinion it's better than the phones you've mentioned.

loolee

HSC
runtlocks said:
LG are bloody rubbish, and I'm saying this as a person who works with selling mobiles. We send a lot of LG's off to repair - especially that piece of shit 'Chocolate' KG800 series, stay away from them.

Definitly go with the K610i, is that LG one 3G as well?

I thought the Nokia 6288 was free on the $29 cap at 3, in my opinion it's better than the phones you've mentioned.
Yah...but im bored with nokia's designs now....they are too chunky for me and not soo good looking like sony ericsson. I wish nokia has designs like sony ericssons. Nokia is the best brand i guess.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
as everyone else has said, SE > LG
my dad got himself and my mum an LG when orange had the free upgrades to 3 thing going on. the interface is SO shit, i have SO much trouble trying to do things on mum's phone....let alone trying to TEACH her to use it (messaging was definitely the hardest bit)

taki999

HSC
dont an effing LG product. My vacuum cleaner is an LG and it fucks up! LGs fones are also fucugly. My friend brought one recently..and goshhh it's ugly as.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
mr_brightside said:
Se
Se
Se
Se
Se
Se
Se
Se
Se
Se
nar
get an alcatel

Last edited by a moderator:
It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
mr_brightside said:
Se
Se
Se
etc.
oiSEe.

In other news, i own a SE (can't remember what type) and it's terrible. It won't make a ringing sound even when i have it set on loud. It won't acknowledge that it's being called until the caller hangs up. Then it tells me i have a missed call.
It freezes up.
I've also had the experience of trying to ring somebody but i don't hear a dial tone. The person i'm ringing, however, answers the phone, can hear everything going on at my end but i still don't realise i've even got through to them

Alternatively, my mum, dad and younger brother all got LG phones (2 different types) and they are all pretty hopeless also. They have the worst reception ever and the menu lags terribly.

We got these phones when Orange became 3. I think i got a lemon.
Nokia ftw.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)