Building a recording studio using your computer. (1 Viewer)

HSC
this is for a friend of mine, where can you get parts that you can record music using your computer.

apart from fruitloop or adobe audition.

I'm talking about like Samson C01U USB mic, for computer etc.

where to buy them and such/prices etc

thanks in advanced.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Depends where you live,

Turramurra Music, Billy Hyde's and Venue Music are what I use.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Can't go past the Digidesign MBox 2 if they're only gonna be recording themselves. Costs around $700 and comes with Pro Tools LE. Got mine off Ebay but I'm sure there'd be suppliers around...somewhere... Add on microphone + other bits and pieces and you're well on your way for around $1000. Probably best to get these things from Allans Music (Pitt St) or Venue Music (Druitt St). Have a chat to them, the more you pay the better you get; it depends on how good you want to go.

Side Note: If you're not gonna BUILD an actual studio then make sure you get lots of sound absorbing type things on the walls in the room that will be used for recording (eg curtains, wall rugs, etc).

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Personally for the asking price, you could setup a perfectly good mixer/DI/mic setup which would give you access to more than 2 inputs.

And paying more WILL get you better stuff, but if you're looking at entry level stuff, they're all pretty much the same.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Most of the price goes into Pro Tools... I suppose if you're just getting into it Pro Tools is a bit of overkill.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha yeah just a tad :)

If he's building a studio with no experience, I highly recommend he take some sort of short course or SOMETHING regarding the technical theory behind it.

HSC
AsyLum said:
Depends where you live,

Turramurra Music, Billy Hyde's and Venue Music are what I use.
friend lives in Parramatta.

Thanks for the tips people here, very helpful :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
So do I.

In that case, Billy Hydes where the old Venue Music used to be is probably the best bet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)