macbook pro question (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey is there any way i can play my itunes thru my macbook and have the lid shut? cause everytime i play music and shut the lid it stops the music?

only cause i use it for a music system when i have it hooked to my speakers and would rather have it shut if possible
thanks

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC
Actually, you can get a program that can prevent sleep when the clamshell lid is down, but I do not recommend it as heat will be trapped in your MBP because the heat usually escapes from your keyboard and the palm rests, therefore, if you do close the lid, you risk BLOWING YOUR $3000 COMPUTER UP and I don't think Apple covers that.

P.S. Yes there is a program to do it; I'm not lying, I just can't be bothered googling it.

Last edited:
HSC
HAHA cool okay thanks anyways!. looks like i'll keep the lid open.

HSC
politik said:
MacBook Pro > Any Regular Notebook.

well yeah thats what my dad tried to convince me.. it looks cool and everything but i dont see how its 4K well spent to be honest. Then again i made a dvd the other day, that was cool.

cl3nta

HSC
they are truely amazing laptops maybe not worth $4000 but definately if you pick up a 2nd hand one for around the 2500 mark which I did :D soooo good

HSC
politik said:
'Cept that's impractical. Buy an iPod.

yeah i have an ipod. so it doesnt really matter, i was just wondering if it was possible to play music with the lid shut but it appears it's not a wise move so yeah i'll just go for the ipod

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)