help me my new laptop is taking too long to boot up!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
i just bought it a week ago and now it's taking ages to boot up, up to 20 seconds!

when i first got it was much quicker to boot, hovering around 10-15 seconds

i don't know what i've done, all i've done since buying it is a system update and a couple of extra apps

in the login apps thing there is only "itunes helper" and "geektool helper"

help me please :( :( :cry:

this is osx btw, i'm not very familiar with it

powlmao

Banned
HSC
i just bought it a week ago and now it's taking ages to boot up, up to 20 seconds!

when i first got it was much quicker to boot, hovering around 10-15 seconds

i don't know what i've done, all i've done since buying it is a system update and a couple of extra apps

in the login apps thing there is only "itunes helper" and "geektool helper"

help me please :( :( :cry:

this is osx btw, i'm not very familiar with it
I had this, i defraged me computer and its bootup files and it runs and boots up much faster

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
What model machineputer and what drive. Bootup time increases if you have caches, cron will take care of these over time. DO NOT WORRY.

My MBP with SSD boots up in about 8 seconds from cold.

HSC
Uni Grad
macbook air 2011

1.6ghz intel core i5
4gb ram
128gb ssd (SM128C, so it's a samsung drive)

i was just a bit worried because when it arrived it first booted in 12s, now it's taking longer :(

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
macbook air 2011

1.6ghz intel core i5
4gb ram
128gb ssd (SM128C, so it's a samsung drive)

i was just a bit worried because when it arrived it first booted in 12s, now it's taking longer :(
It'll be stuff you've loaded. Did you install chrome or other things. You could start in single user mode to find out what is firing up but it would probably not help you. It's still booting in under the 3 minutes it takes to get to windows normally so that's not bad.

kooltrainer

HSC
i can tell you this. my 3 year old sony is still on core duo and takes 5 min and 43 sec to shut down and restart. So i jus hibernate it everytime and boot up takes 20 seconds.. but hibernating too much without shuttin down is not good.. so i recemmend shutting down once a week..

peterpatrickgo

HSC
I think it is normal, as more programs you installed, more time it need to boot up..

While my laptop would take about 40 secends to boot up, should i get it replaced? - -!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)