iOS 5 (1 Viewer)

themanman

HSC
N/A
Thoughts and opinions?

I think the notification system was a much needed addition.

I don't use the cloud or any of that other stuff so that was the only difference for me

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I haven't got it yet (still waiting for my 4S) but I think the iCloud system is rather good, to use as a backup, so you may as well enable it, it keeps your photos/music/contacts all backed up and incase the device fails or crashes or something you can get it back, so it seems good.

Cant wait to check out everything else.

peterpatrickgo

HSC
For me, the iCloud and Siri would be a great help. The Siri is really very powerful..I am waiting for my iphone4s.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
iCloud feels unreliable so far but I do like being able to access my purchases history from any iTunes machine or iPhone.

Don't really see the need for an iCloud email address/calendar/notes/etc since I had my Google account for that which sync'd just fine.

I do like new notifications and the swipe to open from the lock screen, as well as quick access to camera and calendar info. And iMessage is surprisingly good despite being nothing new.

Gigacube

HSC
I only like the new notification centre & quick access to the camera. I found reminders pretty useful too but I wouldn't see myself using that very often.

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
Ipod Touch is too old for iOS5 now, oh well. Looking forward to Ice Cream Sandwich on my nexus s though :)

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Is this new notification system the thing you swipe down from the top of the screen?

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Pretty much that + the notifications showing up in the top bar rather than interrupting you + lock screen notifications.

First two were pretty much stolen from android, but they work pretty well.

jacksongross

HSC
did anyone else notice, that when you use the quick access to the camera from the lockscreen, that once you press the home button within the camera app, that you have bypassed the lockscreen entirely?

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Just tried it now and you're right.

Good observation.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Doesn't really affect me since I don't password lock my screen, but I agree. Needs to be addressed asap

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
did anyone else notice, that when you use the quick access to the camera from the lockscreen, that once you press the home button within the camera app, that you have bypassed the lockscreen entirely?
This doesn't happen if you have a passcode on

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
Steve Job's Quote
"I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $US40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong," Jobs said. "I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this."
Thoughts? Sounds a little psychotic to me...

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Saw that yesterday on gizmo, seems like steve, so yeah, seems normal. (I always knew he was cocky and arrogant). But still, smart guy.

You have to be cocky sometimes to rise up, just the way this world is.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I see passion in that quote more than anything else.

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
TBH I think it's reached a point where no one can really accuse anyone of copyright infringement because everyone's copying everyone.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Pretty much ^

Let them rip each others best features off - only ones who benefit are the customers in the long run anyway

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty much ^

Let them rip each others best features off - only ones who benefit are the customers in the long run anyway
as much as I'd like to agree with that, I dont really do, because in the end it's a business, and they really do put in a lot of effort for new developments, and then the next person just copies them easily. (I'm a business minded person, not consumer minded, hence the diagreement).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)