MacBook pro? (1 Viewer)

_deloso

HSC
thinking of buying the 13 inch one..
which one should I buy though?
i5 or i7? is it worth the extra money
and should I get it changed to an SSD from apple when ordering it? I heard apple's SSD ain't that good..

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't go SSD IMHO, but it is down to the user. If a smaller amount of disk space is enough for you then that is fine, the machine may even run slightly faster. However, I would want more disk space for more content and apparently they are a bit more reliable?

Regarding i5 or i7 - Compare them here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us...n/compare-intel-processors.html?select=laptop
I would go i7, larger cache therefore generally faster.

I would go 15inch as well but that is just me, I like big screens xD

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I've had positive experiences with Apple SSDs (even though I had the Toshiba one!) in both my Macbook Airs. They definitely make the system feel a lot faster and the irony is that even if you have a MBP, the hard drive could be what's slowing you down depending on the type of work or tasks you do.

If you're going for 13", maybe consider the MBA 13" with the i5 (or upgrade to a full spec i7?) which will still be plenty fast. Only issue would be if you need the LAN port, DVD burner, USB ports or the hard drive space (i.e. largest is 256gb SSD).

Ultimately though it depends on what you want to use the machine for and how important portability, battery life, features, etc... are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)