Microsoft Office 365 Subscription Free for Teachers and Students? (1 Viewer)

mreditor16

HSC
Found this the other day on OzBargain!

Might be of interest to some of you - https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/184194

The original poster says - "Microsoft Office for students and staff has always been discounted and occasionally free, however it's usually a bit of a hassle. Office 365 is now available for students and teachers directly from the Microsoft website.

From what I can see the free subscription allows MS Office to be installed on 5 devices, which is pretty generous.

I tested my School email address (I'm a teacher), my uni email address and my daughter's school email address and they all worked.

I can confirm this is working for a large number of Australian education providers including schools, TAFE’s and Universities.

An Office 365 subscription includes the Office 2013 apps for PC and Mac (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Access and Publisher) as well as 1 TB of OneDrive Storage and access to Office Web Apps."

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Does Office 365 last for only one year until it expires or it lasts forever?

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
I saw this on the UTS Fb page. When I clicked on it they want the University's email address for eligibility... I am like "which email do I put" so I just left it

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Yeah they sent us the instructions on how to get it via our student portal, but that was ages ago haha

They also gave product keys for upgrading to Windows 8

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd highly recommend this especially if you re using an iPad/iPhone as you'll get the full version of Office on the mobile device. I'm a huge fan of Office 365. You also get the benefit of the 1TB OneDrive which is pretty compelling against Dropbox. That being said once you're on longer a student you'll run into same issue as me where some of the promotions expire and you get a note warning you they'll stop you from uploading until you delete files to get your storage used below the normal limit.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Your uni should give them out like lollies anyway... just ask your librarian or ITS...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)