Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By turntaker
  • 1 Post By turntaker
  • 1 Post By turntaker

Thread: Which laptop to buy?

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    3

    Which laptop to buy?

    https://www.binglee.com.au/toshiba-p...-c004-notebook

    or

    http://www.dicksmith.com.au/laptops-...tt-dsau-xc9458

    ___
    Mostly going to be used for uni. Any suggestions welcome. Preferably cheaper prices

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Loquacious One turntaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,946
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Which laptop to buy?

    For uni, a 15.6'' screen is probably a little too big. Try to get something in the 11-14 inch range.
    The HP stream is a pretty good option too. Also you could use a Chromebook.
    astroman likes this.
    "I have crippling depression" -Mahatma Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsumi View Post
    lol

  3. #3
    Rambling Spirit astroman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    7,096
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Which laptop to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by turntaker View Post
    For uni, a 15.6'' screen is probably a little too big. Try to get something in the 11-14 inch range.
    The HP stream is a pretty good option too. Also you could use a Chromebook.
    This is a good point, 15.6 inch laptops are generally too big to carry around on a daily basis and will frustrate you easily. From those two, the asus is the better option spec wise. If you want the best laptop finder ever, check this out: http://www.productchart.com/

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Which laptop to buy?

    Get something with like 8gb RAM, Intel Core i3 CPU and a 250gb SSD which should make a great uni laptop.
    Bachelor of ICT Engineering @UTS

  5. #5
    Ancient Orator
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    4,149
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Which laptop to buy?

    Hey Guys

    Do you know any laptops which still have windows 7 xp?

    Regards,

    eyeseeyou

  6. #6
    Cole World Nailgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,199
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Which laptop to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by eyeseeyou View Post
    Hey Guys

    Do you know any laptops which still have windows 7 xp?

    Regards,

    eyeseeyou
    wat
    Veni, Vidi, Vici

  7. #7
    Ancient Orator
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    4,149
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Which laptop to buy?

    Ones like this: https://www.google.com.au/search?q=w...YGSepXrp-dM%3A

    Don't like Windows 8

  8. #8
    Cole World Nailgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,199
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Which laptop to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by eyeseeyou View Post
    Ones like this: https://www.google.com.au/search?q=w...YGSepXrp-dM%3A

    Don't like Windows 8
    This is just windows 7 ahahah, xp is a different operating system
    just get any laptop and then install windows 7 on it
    as a det student you are entitled to a free copy of windows 7 (and windows 8, 8.1, 10, adobe cs6, Microsoft office + other stuff lelel)
    Veni, Vidi, Vici

  9. #9
    Loquacious One turntaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,946
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Which laptop to buy?

    Nailgun the IT guy.
    Nailgun likes this.
    "I have crippling depression" -Mahatma Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsumi View Post
    lol

  10. #10
    Ancient Orator
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    4,149
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Which laptop to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nailgun View Post
    This is just windows 7 ahahah, xp is a different operating system
    just get any laptop and then install windows 7 on it
    as a det student you are entitled to a free copy of windows 7 (and windows 8, 8.1, 10, adobe cs6, Microsoft office + other stuff lelel)
    Wooo hooo, then I don't ever have to change to windows 8 ever, even when I'm 80 lol

    Wait how do I get a free copy of windows 7 (I call it windows 7 xp for some reason lol)

  11. #11
    Cole World Nailgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,199
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Which laptop to buy?

    through this website
    https://nsw-students.onthehub.com/We...ationType.aspx

    (im assuming you go to a public school btw)
    you need to have a det email to register
    btw its legit - i was told about by my schools IT coordinator and ive used it before
    Veni, Vidi, Vici

  12. #12
    Ancient Orator
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    4,149
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Which laptop to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nailgun View Post
    through this website
    https://nsw-students.onthehub.com/We...ationType.aspx

    (im assuming you go to a public school btw)
    you need to have a det email to register
    btw its legit - i was told about by my schools IT coordinator and ive used it before
    Yeah I do

    It said error for me when I clicked on it

  13. #13
    Cole World Nailgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,199
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Which laptop to buy?

    Just click register at the top then
    The page still loads yeah?
    Veni, Vidi, Vici

  14. #14
    Ancient Orator
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    4,149
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Which laptop to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nailgun View Post
    Just click register at the top then
    The page still loads yeah?
    When I clicked on it, it was loading and after it finished loading it said "error"

  15. #15
    Cole World Nailgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,199
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Which laptop to buy?

    Veni, Vidi, Vici

  16. #16
    Ancient Orator
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    4,149
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Which laptop to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nailgun View Post
    Thanks it worked

  17. #17
    Loquacious One turntaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,946
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Which laptop to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by eyeseeyou View Post
    Thanks it worked
    Have you tried Windows 10?
    It is much better than 8. I would recommend you to use 10 because microsoft is sticking with 10 and windows 7 support will soon be removed.
    Nailgun likes this.
    "I have crippling depression" -Mahatma Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsumi View Post
    lol

  18. #18
    Ancient Orator
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    4,149
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Which laptop to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by turntaker View Post
    Have you tried Windows 10?
    It is much better than 8. I would recommend you to use 10 because microsoft is sticking with 10 and windows 7 support will soon be removed.
    No I haven't and I don't plan to

    No why must windows 7 go....I love it better than anything else (just being sarcastic). It looks just as "scary" as windows 8

    Getting back on topic are there any laptops better than a macbook? Macbooks are so overrated it pisses me off

  19. #19
    (╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - - obliviousninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    HSC
    2013
    Uni Grad
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Sydney Girls
    Posts
    6,662
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Which laptop to buy?

    macbook
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritual Being View Post
    I apply my snaking skills into LoL, which is the basis of my success.
    There's no better snake than Teemo.
    HSC Aim: 95+ ATAR (Achieved) | Course: USYD Commerce (Co-op) | Current work: Big 4 Acct. Firm



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •