so slow that media player chokes (1 Viewer)

blackbunny

HSC
my old pc:
2.8 p4
512 ram
160 + 40 hdd
9600 pro

Every time when I play music and open messenger, dc or my browser. Media player just chokes and suffocates when playing music. So the music slows down and play normal when the app is loaded. WTF!!??

blackbunny

HSC
before my pc started up with 40 seconds, now 100... WTF this shit pisses me off. i got no viruses

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
deal with it or upgrade
though you may need to format and reinstall windows

but you can't beat mine

1.5 gHz P4
128 MB RAM
40GB Hard disk
64 MB GeForce 2

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Sorry I beat all of you, Pentium 3, 800mHz, 256 RAM, 20 gig hard disk, nonexistant video card laptop. But the thing is I keep it running well and so I can have Firefox, MSN7 and WinAmp running while AVG and Microsoft Antispyware are in the background, all the while keeping a Style XP theme up to make the whole thing look good.
So I think you should look into trying to clean up your computer by deleting useless startup items and running spyware checks and virus checks to make sure cause I still use the laptop to do all my surfing and my desktop to do all the gaming ;)

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
RCMasterAA said:
Sorry I beat all of you, Pentium 3, 800mHz, 256 RAM, 20 gig hard disk, nonexistant video card laptop. But the thing is I keep it running well and so I can have Firefox, MSN7 and WinAmp running while AVG and Microsoft Antispyware are in the background, all the while keeping a Style XP theme up to make the whole thing look good.
So I think you should look into trying to clean up your computer by deleting useless startup items and running spyware checks and virus checks to make sure cause I still use the laptop to do all my surfing and my desktop to do all the gaming ;)
swish...

but you got more ram then me

thats what slows me down
and to make it worse, its rambus
which is tons expensive
so im saving up for a new comp...

it runs well most o the time
just everynow and then chucks a spaz an freezes for a few mins
but then goes ok...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
blackbunny said:
my old pc:
2.8 p4
512 ram
160 + 40 hdd
9600 pro

Every time when I play music and open messenger, dc or my browser. Media player just chokes and suffocates when playing music. So the music slows down and play normal when the app is loaded. WTF!!??
My computer is older than that
1.8 p4
512ram
60gb hdd

It sounds like your computer isnt coping though, maybe you have some nasty spy/adware running...do an adware clean...also how long since you reformatted?

blackbunny

HSC
melsc said:
My computer is older than that
1.8 p4
512ram
60gb hdd

It sounds like your computer isnt coping though, maybe you have some nasty spy/adware running...do an adware clean...also how long since you reformatted?
reformatted in january. i know that reformat will fix thw problem but i could not be fucked backing up all my shit. pain in the ass reformatting

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
blackbunny said:
reformatted in january. i know that reformat will fix thw problem but i could not be fucked backing up all my shit. pain in the ass reformatting
I know I hate reformatting...Do a good spyware scan, hopefully that may allow you to avoid a reformat...Oh have you tried a systems restore? :uhhuh:

blackbunny

HSC
spybot, adaware, norton: nothing. but in the tasks manager it says that system idle process takes up 80% of cpu WTF..!?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
blackbunny said:
spybot, adaware, norton: nothing. but in the tasks manager it says that system idle process takes up 80% of cpu WTF..!?
isnt system idle process, just how much of yuor cpu is free from processing any programs?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
blackbunny said:
my old pc:
2.8 p4
512 ram
160 + 40 hdd
9600 pro

Don't use Windows media player, it sucks for playing music because it's a resource hog. Instead, get winamp. But if you're really stubborn, while playing music in media player, press ctrl-alt-delete, go to task manager, click on the processes tab then scroll down to wmplayer.exe and right click on it, go to "set priority" and set it to above normal or high. If you set it any higher, the rest of the computer will suffer.

However, you will be better off changing to winamp.

blackbunny

HSC
SashatheMan said:
isnt system idle process, just how much of yuor cpu is free from processing any programs?
only thing i know, is whatever program i open it eats up 100% of the cpu :( and chokes my media player to death

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
blackbunny said:
only thing i know, is whatever program i open it eats up 100% of the cpu :( and chokes my media player to death
Other way around, WMP chockes everything to death. Get winamp! www.winamp.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)