whens the next windows coming out? (1 Viewer)

HSC
does anyone know? and if it will be much better than xp or not?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Search for forum for "longhorn" for some discussion about it :)

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Long horn, what is there going to be different? I bet its XP with new icons and desktops, with a new game that comes with windows.. PONG.

I reckon its just a big money making scheme. Seeing everyone is going to run out and buy Longhorn.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Longhorn would replace the CPU with GPU for any processing to do with images. That's a point that's very significant to me :) because there will be less loading time and ability to implement 3D graphics onto desktop

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
INXS said:
Long horn, what is there going to be different? I bet its XP with new icons and desktops, with a new game that comes with windows.. PONG.

I reckon its just a big money making scheme. Seeing everyone is going to run out and buy Longhorn.
dunno.... we'll see more when the beta is out...

right now it isn't much more than xp.

longhorn is stated to be released 2nd half next year.

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Yeah, but the bottom line is, Long Horn will make a fuck load of money from sales.

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
now theyve stripped WinFS out of it, 64-Bit processor support and a few other things, its more and more looking like Windows XP Service Pack 3, but with a different badge on the hood.
I personally don't think it will be worth the money, no matter how much or little the price tag, although the graphics proccessing being sent to the GPU will be good, but you will need a decent card for it to be efficent.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
JimmyK said:
now theyve stripped WinFS out of it, 64-Bit processor support and a few other things, its more and more looking like Windows XP Service Pack 3, but with a different badge on the hood.
I personally don't think it will be worth the money, no matter how much or little the price tag, although the graphics proccessing being sent to the GPU will be good, but you will need a decent card for it to be efficent.
the desktop composition engine will be in WinXP SP3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)