Touch pad not responding (1 Viewer)

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
My touch pad on my laptop does not seem to be reponding and i can't click on anything either. Does anyone know what might have caused this or how to fix it?

tempco

HSC
i have an option on my laptop that disables my touch pad. maybe your comp has something like that, and you accidentally chose it?

tempco

HSC
miss_gtr said:
is your touch pad really dirty? may its got a layer of filth on it and it cant feel any response from ur fingers? give it a wipe
god damn, enough filth to stop it from working?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Does a dialogue come up saying the software for the touchpad is not responding either at any time or when you go to shut down? I get that every now and again and when i go to shut down the not responding thing comes up for the touchpads software

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
miss_b said:
My touch pad on my laptop does not seem to be reponding and i can't click on anything either. Does anyone know what might have caused this or how to fix it?
are your fingers wet?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
tried resetting?

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
I can't seem to find an option for turning on/off the touchpad

My fingers are not wet and the touchpad is not dirty

The buttons (left/right click) don't work either

Resetting what exactly?

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
if the buttons don't work either then im 99.9% sure that you have some how disabled or stuffed up the touchpad drivers

most laptops have shortcut keys to disable the touchpad
like acers with a function key - FN
or apple with that apple key...

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
I have been through my keyboard looking for a way to activate the touchpad but i can't find anything :(

And i called the help line thing for acer and the guy told me to uninstall the touch pad and reinstall it but he told me that i need a mouse to do so. However, i do not have a mouse...

btw can any mouse be pluggeg into a laptop?

santaslayer

HSC
miss_b said:
I have been through my keyboard looking for a way to activate the touchpad but i can't find anything :(

And i called the help line thing for acer and the guy told me to uninstall the touch pad and reinstall it but he told me that i need a mouse to do so. However, i do not have a mouse...

btw can any mouse be pluggeg into a laptop?
I don't think there's anything in the keyboard to activate your touchpad. Reinstall the driver. Borrow a friend's mouse or use another one from a second computer @ home. It's cheaper like that. Go to a computer fair/market if you want cheap mouses.

equiski

HSC
You can buy a cheap usb mouse from anywhere, K-mart, the post office, dick smith, so on and so on. Although, you might as well buy a half-decent mouse, because most people find them much easier to use than a touchpad anyway (except for on the bus, in the park etc.)

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
I uninstalled the driver and then reinstalled it but still no movement :(

I am planning to go to a market tomorrow to get a mouse. How much am i looking at for one?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)