Mouse moving erratically... (1 Viewer)

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
Ok so i have given up on trying to fix the touchpad and brought myself a mouse.

Now i have a new problem; i cannot control the pointer and it just moves erratically around the screen.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Did the mouse come with a CD with drivers on it?

If so make sure they are installed...

tempco

HSC
when i first plugged in my usb mouse it was extremely erratic. after a while, it just stopped. have no idea why. or try using a really flat surface (mouse pad).

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
RCMasterAA said:
If it's a laser mouse there might be a hair in front of the laser making the movement seem erratic.
^5

Or on the desk/mousepad. This has proven to be the most common "mouse erratic!" topic solution in recent months :)

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
Problem solved. Apparently my table isn't flat enough so now i'm just putting it on my laptop...

Anywho, thanks guys :)

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
i don't know why all these people have so many problems, i have two optical mice, 1 wireless, both microsoft intellimice, and they both work fine.
maybe you got a dodgy brand *no offence meant in anyway* but our school uses acer and a4tech optical mice and they suck just going wherever they want what ever the surface they are used on...

if its a ball mouse then it could be dirty inside, but i doubt it would get that dirty that quickly...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)