This is a worry... (1 Viewer)

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
My computer started suddenly beeping continiously (like a warning/emergency sound), and not from the speakers, but the actual tower. This only happened once b4, i think abt 1 am, and I restarted it (properly) and it stopped. Today, I did that and it started beeping as soon as it booted up again. Im just curious if anybody knows whats wrong or whats causing the beeping and how to stop it?
btw, i shut it down for a couple of minutes and its alrite now...could it be overheating..?
Thanx.

Rahul

Dead Member
something similar happens to me sometimes, but it isnt continuous beeping. the case with me i think is some problem with the sound card or driver, coz when i use the comp there isnt any noise. restarting it fixes it for me. maybe its a similar problem for u.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
hmm..ok...its just that my comp is on all the time, cause its the centre computer connected to the net, and all the other comps, connect off mine...so im worried that keeping it on all the time could have been a prob. Thanks..

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
When does it start beeping, after your OS (Windows) starts or just after you switch on your computer (in BIOS)?

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
i was checkin some eng notes on word, and suddenly it just started beeping....so I saved my work and restarted it, and then as soon as it restarted..it started beeping again, this is b4 my os loads, when it checks all teh drives etc..

T

tactic

i had this problem
its over heating

once u hear the beeping sound reboot and go into yoru bios and look at your cpu temp i should be close to or over the 'warning' range

Soliah

More than likely overheating. A few beeps usually means a RAM stick has been disloged or something.

But a continuous beeping would most likley be mean the temps are too high. Check to see if the fan on your CPU is spinning properly and hope that you don't turn on your PC one day, and notice a burning silcon smell ;)

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
this used to happen to me
the fan for the power supply stopped working and the powersupply kept overheating and it starts beeping and sometimes just hangs or reboots itself

then a week or so later it blew up :eek:
...well as in sparks flew outa the powersupply (the box thing at the back of ur comp at the top) and it stopped working altogether

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
uh oh...but my fans still working thank goodnes....but still im a bit :(

T

tactic

chand when it happens again go into the bios on reboot and check the temp to make sure this is the problem, if it is then i'd just buy a bigger cpu fan

Slimeboy

HSC
I had a list of what the differnt beeps ment. I will try & find it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)