Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Earth and Environment 2017 HSC paper

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    2

    Earth and Environment 2017 HSC paper

    Thoughts on the 2017 EES HSC Paper??

  2. #2
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Earth and Environment 2017 HSC paper

    was it hard

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Earth and Environment 2017 HSC paper

    What answer did you put for the question about the evidence of life from 3.8 x 10^9 years ago?

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Earth and Environment 2017 HSC paper

    You won't be joking around like this once you actually sit the exam next year.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Earth and Environment 2017 HSC paper

    Quote Originally Posted by lookinforacookin View Post
    What answer did you put for the question about the evidence of life from 3.8 x 10^9 years ago?
    Can't remember was it multiple choice? If one of the options was 3.8 x 10^9 then I would have choosen that

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Earth and Environment 2017 HSC paper

    Quote Originally Posted by same1111 View Post
    was it hard
    Wasn't too bad. im sure there would have been a few questions that threw people off, like the one on using models, working in teams and reliability. But overall I've seen much harder exams.

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Earth and Environment 2017 HSC paper

    Quote Originally Posted by gussieg View Post
    Can't remember was it multiple choice? If one of the options was 3.8 x 10^9 then I would have choosen that
    Nah, that was the question. It was asking the type of life.
    I put bacteria-like cells without a nuclei, the others answers like algae, prokaryotic cyanobacteria and something else

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Earth and Environment 2017 HSC paper

    Quote Originally Posted by lookinforacookin View Post
    Nah, that was the question. It was asking the type of life.
    I put bacteria-like cells without a nuclei, the others answers like algae, prokaryotic cyanobacteria and something else
    I put Prokaryotic Cynobacteria, I was pretty sure they were the first type of life. I checked out a website and found this....

    "Cyanobacteria are Prokaryotes, which are known to be the earliest forms of life, throughout time they have adapted to the changing earth, and in turn help it evolve."

    So I think Prokaryotic cynobacteria is rigt

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Earth and Environment 2017 HSC paper

    Quote Originally Posted by gussieg View Post
    I put Prokaryotic Cynobacteria, I was pretty sure they were the first type of life. I checked out a website and found this....

    "Cyanobacteria are Prokaryotes, which are known to be the earliest forms of life, throughout time they have adapted to the changing earth, and in turn help it evolve."

    So I think Prokaryotic cynobacteria is rigt
    Yeah, they were the first known forms of life (from stromatolite fossils), but the evidence in greenland is from different carbon ratios so they know that there were living organisms but didn't know exactly what they were. That's what my teacher told us anyway so I'm pissed if she was wrong lol

  10. #10
    Junior Member Papercutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    SYDNEY, NSW
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Earth and Environment 2017 HSC paper

    Quote Originally Posted by lookinforacookin View Post
    Nah, that was the question. It was asking the type of life.
    I put bacteria-like cells without a nuclei, the others answers like algae, prokaryotic cyanobacteria and something else
    It was prokaryotic cyanobacteria since they create stromatolites which have been dated to be as old as 3.8 x 10^9 years old.
    ATAR Aim: 90+
    Main Field Interest: Environmental Science

    2017 HSC
    Extension 1 Maths ~ Advanced English ~ Earth and Enviro ~ Chemistry ~ Senior Science

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •