Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: HSC Business Studies Post-Exam Thoughts

HSC

Re: HSC Business Studies Post-Exam Thoughts

The exam was pretty good

HSC

I put retained profits for that? Is it really internal equity finance? It said nothing about the finance being sourced from shares?

Cadet
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by skatecow View Post
    I put retained profits for that? Is it really internal equity finance? It said nothing about the finance being sourced from shares?
    internal equity as in money the owner supplied from herself and invested into her business.
    HSC 2017: G̶e̶n̶e̶r̶a̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶t̶h̶s̶ | S̶t̶a̶n̶d̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶E̶n̶g̶l̶i̶s̶h̶ | B̶i̶o̶l̶o̶g̶y̶ | B̶u̶s̶i̶n̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶S̶t̶u̶d̶i̶e̶s̶ | M̶o̶d̶e̶r̶n̶ ̶H̶i̶s̶t̶o̶r̶y̶ | S̶O̶R̶ ̶1̶

HSC

Re: HSC Business Studies Exam Post-Thoughts

bill of exchange

HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew587 View Post
    Do you guys think that this will work with processes? I talked about inputs, outputs and transformation process (volume, variety, economies of scale) in relation to globalisation.
    Pray.
    Mathew587 likes this.

HSC

"Which objective relates to meeting all debts ad they fall due" and the other mc question about buying either business A or B and what he should use to chose, what were your answers for these ones

HSC

i dont understand why does everyone say band 6 cutoff and its always lower than 90, i thought a band 6 in any subject was 90% and above??

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by shivanshw63 View Post
    "Which objective relates to meeting all debts ad they fall due" and the other mc question about buying either business A or B and what he should use to chose, what were your answers for these ones
    MC about choosing business A or B was comparative ratio analysis, and the answer to paying debts as they fall due i still think its liquidity as it says "as they fall due" however there has been many people saying that its solvency as it states all debts but im not sure

HSC

Yes a mark of 90+ is a band 6 but they do all this moderating aligning scaling stuff to your mark and if it ends up being in 90-100 after all that then it is band 6 even if you got a mark of say 87.

Executive Member
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldschwarzenegger View Post
    i dont understand why does everyone say band 6 cutoff and its always lower than 90, i thought a band 6 in any subject was 90% and above??
    Because of scaling. Because try getting 90% in 4U, I don't think the top 10% would be getting all 90%+

It's basically a rank of the top 10%, not the actual mark of 90%.
    Esse likes this.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldschwarzenegger View Post
    MC about choosing business A or B was comparative ratio analysis, and the answer to paying debts as they fall due i still think its liquidity as it says "as they fall due" however there has been many people saying that its solvency as it states all debts but im not sure
    But since they only gave profits and assets there is no comparative ratio that can be done in this particular case?

Cadet
    HSC

Haha, I'm still debating between comparative ratio analysis or industry averages, because NONE of them would help.
    There are no ratios to suggest which is better if it's only based around the total sales and the total assets, and comparing sales to the industry doesn't actually tell Mick anything about how profitable the business actually is.

To understand this idea better, we think about the implications of high sales; what if the business' sales are high, but they're also spending a lot? Their solvency and liquidity cannot be determined by just a business' asset and sales, which means it makes no sense to compare the sales with the industry because it doesn't tell Mick anything about how strong the business actually is. Hence, why I thought comparative ratio analysis could be better tailored (even though, it also makes no sense to compare ratios?)
    shivanshw63 likes this.
    Preliminary courses (2016)

Mathematics Ext. 1 | Mathematics | English (Standard) | Biology | Business Studies | Music 2 | Software Design and Development

HSC courses (2017)

Mathematics Ext. 1 | Mathematics (2U) |English (Advanced) | Biology | Business Studies | Software Design and Development

ATAR aim: 95+

Dream course: Computer Science at UNSW/University of Sydney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information