Sdd 2017 hsc (1 Viewer)

lilrose

HSC
I think it wasn't too difficult, does anyone have any predictions on what cut off will be this year? I was suprised they didn't have a question on software development approaches.

Last edited:

Eluate

HSC
Was there anything tricky? Any binary calculations?

lilrose

HSC
No, no binary calculations just a question in the elective how two's compliment is used in subtraction, it was fairly easier than previous exams

silverdawn565

HSC
It was alright. I found the floating point question in one of the option topics a bit difficult because at first I thought it wanted actual values (actual numbers). It probably did but with there being no calculator... But personally I didn't find any of the questions too hard. I just hope to get 3/3's instead of 2/3's for all those 3-mark questions.

Last edited:

silverdawn565

HSC
Was there anything tricky? Any binary calculations?
Found some of the algorithms a bit tricky. Sadly I can't remember what they were... I think it was one to do with purchases? But I think i made it sort of work in the end. I can't remember much else being too hard. Otherwise it was mostly not too difficult.

lilrose

HSC
yeah there was the five mark purchase module and i think 3-4 mark one with the numbers being divisibible by 2 and 3

Sxerks3

HSC
I personally thought it was one of the most interesting exams I've seen for SDD; Robo code was a bit ambiguous, and there were some mc questions that I personally thought had two answers, but other than that, no problem. Hopefully, a state rank, but I'm just expecting a band 6

blinkandyoullmissit

HSC
N/A
I forgot what the Fetch-Execute Cycle was. Other than that pretty much everything good.

ROBO i just wrote

BEGIN

REP 5 # "Directions + numbers" #

END

blinkandyoullmissit

HSC
N/A
I think it wasn't too difficult, does anyone have any predictions on what cut off will be this year? I was suprised they didn't have a question on software development approaches.
yeah i was prepared to answer that... not in there.

but in the question about phased implementation I realised I discussed pilot so had to change it

silverdawn565

HSC
I forgot what the Fetch-Execute Cycle was. Other than that pretty much everything good.

ROBO i just wrote

BEGIN

REP 5 # "Directions + numbers" #

END
With ROBO code did you put the ; after each statement?

And fetch-execute cycle is like the cycle undertaken by a CPU. Fetches instruction, decodes it, executes it, stores result.
And I don't think we'd ever really remember everything in syllabus to the last detail anyway. (But I'm glad SDD/IPT seems to stick unlike Physics for me personally...)

silverdawn565

HSC
yeah there was the five mark purchase module and i think 3-4 mark one with the numbers being divisibible by 2 and 3
Oh yea. The second one I had to rewrite completely in a different booklet because I messed it up by using case-where and didn't realise my mistake until I completely finished writing it. But I used a pre-test loop and pretty much counted until a negative number was entered. But I struggled with the purchase module a quite a bit.

silverdawn565

HSC
Oh yea. The second one I had to rewrite completely in a different booklet because I messed it up by using case-where and didn't realise my mistake until I completely finished writing it. But I used a pre-test loop and pretty much counted until a negative number was entered. But I struggled with the purchase module a quite a bit.

skelmo

HSC
N/A
guys, what was the circuit with the light bulb in the option? I got a XOR gate? Some are saying it related to the NAND flip flop from previous question?

Sxerks3

HSC
I was really hoping there was a legal implication question, because I knew the case studies would have necked everyone.

skelmo

HSC
N/A
See I understand that, but it said that every time a switch is turned on or off, the light changed states? Wouldn't that imply the last part of the truth table (1-1) would become a 0?
Thus, I thought XOR. Anyway, I thought it was fairly ambiguously worded. We will both get 1 mark at least!

lilrose

HSC
I was really hoping there was a legal implication question, because I knew the case studies would have necked everyone.
I was so happy when I saw there wasn't one, I always stuff those ones up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)