Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jaxxnuts

Thread: Got an atar of 41.35

HSC

Got an atar of 41.35

Hey guys, so as you can probably tell i got an atar of 41.35, mainly due to my laziness and also i was going through a bad case of depression.

i still really want to do a science degree at UNSW or Macquarie, can you guys please help, i don't know of any pathways to get there, and before you say anything i cant repeat year 12 because i've already missed an examination, well at least at my school, plz don't make fun, i'm sad enough as it is, i'm just trying to get into uni, please help.

My end goal for a degree would be Adv science/ Comp Sci at UNSW

Appreciate any and all help given, thx.

The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Re: Got an atar of 41.35

Not sure of the ATAR requirements but MQ has a college attached,and if you maintain a 2.0/4.0 GPA you can transfer into the second year of a degree at MQ. It is called SIBT.
    https://mq.edu.au/pubstatic/study/un...nd-technology/
    I can barely see up and down and back again
    Despite what you believe I keep away from trouble
    If who I am today's a sign of where I'm going
    I'm ready to embrace

Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Moderator of Macquarie University

HSC

Macquarie's standard foundation program requires a Year 11 qualification with a minimum average mark of 50%. (source: https://www.mq.edu.au/study/internat...c-requirements)

Otherwise you could look into science related courses at TAFE?

HSC
    N/A

Hey mate

Unfortunately you are many ATAR points away from your desired uni course but don’t worry there will be a pathway

Do open universities Australia and use that credit to transfer into UNSW

Basically open universities Australia is uni online except there are no Atar requirements to any of the courses so you pick any online course and you can study at your own pace, anytime anywhere

Another advantage of studying via OUA is that you can overload within your first year of study

My recommendation is to apply to study via OUA, overload and then transfer into UNSW

The issue is to transfer into your desired course you must do well whereas your depression is the barrier to that so my recommendation is to see a GP and get a referral to a psychologist/psychiatrist and get things sorted out from there (or you can go to headspace)
    Jakulore likes this.

HSC
    N/A

Try applying for UNSW / USYD Comp Sci, I know a guy who got a 40 something ATAR and they let him in

Anyway, there are always alternative entry schemes: UWS then transfer is a popular one

Anyway don't stress too much, I know it seems like the end of the world but it isn't. I didn't do to well for my ATAR (based on expectations) and got mid 80s, but now at uni I'm basically #rekking my courses (ranked 2/330+ for one of my courses).

Thread Information