Didn't see the quote in creative writing stimulus (1 Viewer)

rking24

HSC
Hey guys, i felt really good after paper 1, until i heard my classmates talking about how they didn't use the stimulus in the creative writing. I had no idea it had a quote that we have to use...

So the theory is that if you didn't use the quote, the max you can get is a 6?! I didn't the two perspectives perfectly, just had no idea that a quote had to be used...

What do you guys think will happen to my creative? Is that my chances for a band 6 ruined?:lol:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Strange things can occur in English so I wouldn't stress too much about it.

km22

HSC
N/A
Damn dude, I'm in exactly the same boat, I hope I don't lose too many marks for it

rking24

HSC
I'm thinking it should only be a 3 mark reduction, considering no one really used the quote properly and literally just added in their prepared creative. They would usually put the quote in bold or something...

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
If I'm going to be honest, it did mention that you had to incorporate the quote - If you add it in poorly, you don't get marks for it. If you don't add it in at all, you don't get marks for it and they take it as not engaging with the stimulus. HOWEVER, if you have made a very good attempt at answering the 2 perspectives (Which I probably didn't do so well xD) then you'll do fine I'm sure.

gallen88

HSC
Mmm not too sure. Keep in mind the HSC markers do want to give you marks for your creative, so I'm sure you will get a decent mark. It will probably just won't get you into that 13-15 range. Keep in mind that that is only 15/105 marks - I know it is very stressful, we are all in the same boat as you, but you still have comprehension, the discovery essay and paper 2 which can bring your final mark up! However, I don't know how the HSC markers think/give out the marks so I may not be correct.

Also as SupR and other users have stated in other threads on this website, it was difficult - especially the whole two perspectives idea, keep that in perspective too.

Also remember that you still have heaps of other exams coming up too, I know it's hard to forget about an exam you're stressed about - but try to focus your energies in your upcoming exams. If you smash those exams too, your final ATAR will be fine. : )

All the best.

rking24

HSC
If I'm going to be honest, it did mention that you had to incorporate the quote - If you add it in poorly, you don't get marks for it. If you don't add it in at all, you don't get marks for it and they take it as not engaging with the stimulus. HOWEVER, if you have made a very good attempt at answering the 2 perspectives (Which I probably didn't do so well xD) then you'll do fine I'm sure.
I legit just start brainstorming about the two perspectives and didn't even see the quote, but thanks it was silly by me! I thought i did really well on the two perspectives, but now knowing that i might get a 6 just ruins my mood:p Thanks for letting me know!

rking24

HSC
Mmm not too sure. Keep in mind the HSC markers do want to give you marks for your creative, so I'm sure you will get a decent mark. It will probably just won't get you into that 13-15 range. Keep in mind that that is only 15/105 marks - I know it is very stressful, we are all in the same boat as you, but you still have comprehension, the discovery essay and paper 2 which can bring your final mark up! However, I don't know how the HSC markers think/give out the marks so I may not be correct.

Also as SupR and other users have stated in other threads on this website, it was difficult - especially the whole two perspectives idea, keep that in perspective too.

Also remember that you still have heaps of other exams coming up too, I know it's hard to forget about an exam you're stressed about - but try to focus your energies in your upcoming exams. If you smash those exams too, your final ATAR will be fine. : )

All the best.
Thanksss I won't worry about this anymore and concentrate on my other exams! It was just a big drop off thinking that i aced paper 1 to getting a possible 6 in create :( Thanks for your support!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)