Worried and Stressed out about decisions!! (1 Viewer)

DaRanjed

I can't believe the Open Days are so late. We only have 1.5 days left to decide our future...lol

Umm..I really wanna do Vis Communications at UTS but I don't have the UAI for that. Can I do Interior Design and THEN transfer to Vis Comm?

Here are my questions:

How is Interior Design?
When can I transfer?
Do I have to do a FULL year of Interior design and then change to Vis Comm?
Wouldn't that mean I'd miss out on everything the other Vis Comm students learnt in their first year??

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
well yeah obviously if you got accepted for a vis comm transfer at the end of first year interior design, you would go to first year of vis comm. earliest you can apply for transfer is after one year- you need good grades, credit average usually and a portfolio might help.

you would be able to get advanced credit for some subjects like electives and core design subjects which the whole design faculty has to take. but you'd be doing all first year vis comm subjects.

juni

juni
HSC
johnson said:
well yeah obviously if you got accepted for a vis comm transfer at the end of first year interior design, you would go to first year of vis comm. earliest you can apply for transfer is after one year- you need good grades, credit average usually and a portfolio might help.

you would be able to get advanced credit for some subjects like electives and core design subjects which the whole design faculty has to take. but you'd be doing all first year vis comm subjects.
Portfolio is essential even for an internal course transfer :(

Calla

HSC
juni said:
Portfolio is essential even for an internal course transfer :(
hey, im doing B Business currently and am thinking of applying for VisComm to do next year - what does a portfolio consist of?

right now i only have drawings and peices that i do on a personal level that i can possibly include, however i dont have any professionally based material or designs from a previous course...will i be severely disadvantaged?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)