year 11 subject selections (1 Viewer)

annoyedgrunt

HSC
ok people, so i just got my year 11 subjects back and i dont know if i should change to visual arts. my current subjects are 3U Maths and English, 1U SOR, Chemistry, Legal and economics. However, I would much rather do visual arts than economics as i find economics quite boring and probably shouldnt have chosen it in the first place. I havent studied Visual Arts since year 8 so im worried i will be behind the rest of the class, however i can work hard on art over the hols.

Help???? idk what to do

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Any chance that you could do both at the start of year 11 and later drop if needs be?

annoyedgrunt

HSC
not really, as i am already going to be doing 13 units, but i can change up until two weeks into next year. I think that i would prefer art but i am worried about scaling and if it will bring my atar down, also my parents arent too keen on the idea lol. any advice on the difficulty of hsc art because i didnt do it as an elective

thank you!

ahri

HSC
I know quite a few people who didn't do art as an elective and still chose art as a subject for year 11 and 12. I think you will honestly be fine if you are willing to put in the work. VA is a pretty fun subject but also has a lot of theory which is quite difficult. I think if you enjoy VA more than eco you are just going to regret choosing eco for scaling and pleasing your parents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)