What is your motivation? (1 Viewer)

streetball

HSC
i have a high goal, i want to achieve and reach. i try to use this as my main motivation, im starting to thinkits losing its effect

just out of interests what is your main motivation that makes you strive for your personal best in academic?

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
just beleive that you can score band 6's in all your subjects because you know that it's possible. if you want those band 6's you've gotta take action.

HSC
my$$$ motivation is f$$$rom try$ing to be$$$come successful while seeing ever$$$yone else i$$$n ten years in the gutter kissing$$$ my ass.

aim for full marks all the time. as yoakim has mentioned, it's possible.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
FranzFerdinand said:
my$$$ motivation is f$$$rom try$ing to be$$$come successful while seeing ever$$$yone else i$$$n ten years in the gutter kissing$$$ my ass.

aim for full marks all the time. as yoakim has mentioned, it's possible.
lol don't let money motivate you...how about you give your money to the gutter people :)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I have the cut off mark and criteria of what i want B.Sc (adv)/MBBS combined Usyd UAI Cut off 99.95 stuck on my folder to motivate me.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
FranzFerdinand said:
that's not very nice.

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
mm my motivation would be finally beating ONE of my two older brothers in ANYTHING. this means a UAI of over 85 or 92. although, usually i just plod along and try to keep up without much motivation :)

rhia

salty
HSC
that i want to be able to support myself and be in a position to be able to help others - that i can do with a higher education - that i want to be able to live comfortably through being hard working, especially as i come from a poor family, as a result of having an uneducated mother.

asdf5432

HSC
though it may be wrong/mean, i hate this guy and i want to beat him in the HSC. Simple, maybe stupid, but effective.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
asdf5432 said:
though it may be wrong/mean, i hate this guy and i want to beat him in the HSC. Simple, maybe stupid, but effective.
no, not mean at all. i think you will find a lot of people have that motivation as well. I myself have it lol.

HSC
rhia said:
that i want to be able to live comfortably through being hard working, especially as i come from a poor family
right on!
being poor for two generations would SUCK.

asdf5432 said:
not wrong. not mean. if it were true, someone please explain what i would be because i simply hate every smart kid in the state? :)

hopeles5ly said:
that's not very nice.
:p Tell The Teacher!

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
no, not mean at all. i think you will find a lot of people have that motivation as well. I myself have it lol.
So do I.
I think beating her in the HSC will be such a satisfying feeling. Sounds petty but it does motivate me to study for my exams, at least.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
rhia said:
that i want to be able to support myself and be in a position to be able to help others and hard working
for sure, that should be the number one motivation for everyone, to have a selfless spirit even during the hsc

flowergrl

HSC
seems most ppl here want MONEY.

my advice (from other ppl's advice)... you won't really get what you want unless it's out of genuine interest. (e.g. you're not likely to be a successful lawyer if all you want is money. you won't save lives being a doctor who only want MONEY).

anyway, my main motivation is to prove that i can do it. (to the fat bully who called me rude names. to my doubting tutors. to my whole family who I am their last hope in getting medicine.)

secondly, I want to keep my choices open.

...various thousands of reasons...

and lastly, (on a euphemistic note) I need to support my mum, dad, me, and my future kids who will one day be born. (hopefully):wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)