ENG ADV PEOPLE! Teacher wants me to move from ENG STD TO AVD, Should I? (1 Viewer)

serendipityy

HSC
Okay, I got my english half yearly and turns out I came 1st in my year :) woo
So now my teacher wants me to move up to AVD since I came 3rd in comparison to the adv peeps
but I just need to know if I should keep to the top of STD
instead of bottom or average ADV, im guessing?

Is it worth it?
And how much harder is AVD compared to STD?
Does it require much more work?

Anyone studying Emma and Clueless?
Advive puh-leaseee :wave:

jet

Banned
HSC
Well, if you are thinking HSC-wise, it would me much harder to get a Band 6 in Standard than a Band 6 in advanced, even though you have a better rank in standard.
If you are finding the texts right now quite easy then go for it, as the texts for Advanced are a touch more difficult.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
So now my teacher wants me to move up to AVD since I came 3rd in comparison to the adv peeps

Is it worth it?

definately move up if you have that opportunity. advanced english will be much better for your UAI. ok seriously, don't limit yourself by thinking you will only get average or worse. with work you could definately get up in the top ranks even in advanced.

my school doesn't even offer standard english because of how poorly it scales. you are underestimating yourself if you think you won't do well. just keep up the good work and you'll do fine, but seriously, move to advanced. i cannot stress that enough!

gella

HSC
yeah do it
adv is easy as fuck
so far
get stuck into me for saying that guys

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
yeah, its not much harder...and from ur results u are more than capable of doing it

LordPc

HSC
its not even a question really, you should definately take advanced english.

if you find that its too hard or you end up coming last in advanced (worst case scenario) you have the opportunity to drop it in year 12.

so really, not taking the opportunity to move up is really the worst thing you could do atm

shaon0

HSC

Is it worth it?

You're clearly capable of moving up to adv. english, it's just a question of whether you're willing to move up.

bored of sc

HSC
Do what you wanna do. If you still don't know listen to other people's perspectives. In my opinion, I strongly advise you to take on advanced.

Last edited:

allira92

HSC

Is it worth it?

first up, yes you should do it, adv is no harder in terms of what you learn but rather the texts you use. in the hsc, adv and std both do the same paper 1 on aos which i'm guessing is what u've just done. and if u say u came 3rd in relation to the adv class, your more than capable of it and it is worth it.

i'm doing emma and clueless at the moment and as much as i hate jane austen, its a good book although it is hard to read.

Well, if you are thinking HSC-wise, it would me much harder to get a Band 6 in Standard than a Band 6 in advanced, even though you have a better rank in standard.
If you are finding the texts right now quite easy then go for it, as the texts for Advanced are a touch more difficult.
+1

its not much harder, scaling is better, apparently more interesting. go for it :)
both std and adv scale the same.

Last edited:

mg23

HSC
yes, like the first person said, (sorry i havent figured out how to copy and quote their thing yet.. ) it'll be so hard to get a band 6 in standard, and the difference sint that massive.. if you are finding the texts ok, then go for it!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)