Screwed up assessment task :( (3 Viewers)

HSC
Uni Grad
"You may commence your reading time..."

The atmosphere grew tense, in unison, the crowd sunk deep into their papers, this was a strange phenomenon because only moments ago, "it's only prelim, who cares!" My reading time routine was the usual, "Question one is easy, so is two, and three, and four, hmm... question 5, curve sketching, that could take a while, leave it to the end. What about question 6? Hmm... geometry, this is what I struggle the most at, must concentrate here."

The clock read, "12:29:30". Thirty seconds to go. I realised the bottom corner of my exam was saturated, sweat had been absorbed and became a catalyst for chromatography, the black "Page 1" mixture physically separated into it's base components of magnificent cyan, magenta and yellow coloured pigments. What was I to be nervous about? For the previous two consecutive nights I was a slave to Cambridge's extension sections and '500 - Internal Server Error' didn't really help much either. I had persevered and was rewarded with knowledge, I had toiled based on the promise that this knowledge would result in a great exam mark.

Calculator in linear I/O mode? Check. Calculator in degree measure mode? Check. Calculator in Math mode? Check. The clouds passed and the afternoon sun threw itself onto my table, parts of the incoming incident light rays were approaching the critical angle. This was anticipated, i was prepared for this situation. SHIFT + MODE (SETUP) + DOWN + 5. Constrast was adjusted to the maximum darkness setting. The clock now said "12:29:59" and seemed to be stuck there.

"You may commence your exam..."

Again, in unison, the crowd withdrew their apparatus. Most were conservative and sported Bic Cristal Ms and Paper Mate Kilometricos, the girl beside gripped a novelty pen with a large pink feather. I chose to conform and brought a Paper Mate Profile 1.4B, I preferred the large tipped pens for Mathematics as writing space wasn't the concern but comfort was valued. The ink flowed as smoothly as current flows through HgBa2Ca2Cu3O8 at 134 K.

"Therefore the perimeter of the larger square is 150cm..."

Question 4 completed with an hour to go. This was good, I could spend 30 minutes on the last question and knock down question 5 in 15 minutes and have 15 minutes to check my answers. The uneasiness calmed and I proceeded to write my name on a new booklet for question 6. "The points D and E lie on BC and AC respectively so that AD. What the fuck. Oh wait... HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS." It was much easier than originally anticipated, my geometric proofs were straightforward and neat and tidy.

The last section was completed in under ten minutes, a huge sigh of relief ran surged as I thought, "I have finished the exam with 30 minutes left. Time to check my answers." I proceeded with a systematic approach and substituted each solution back into the questions. Correct. Correct. Correct. The 'factorise' questions could not be checked this way, instead, I expanded them to try to end up with the original question. Correct. Correct. Correct.

"There are five minutes left..."

Question 4. Correct. Question 5.

FFFUUUUUUU-

HSC
I applaud thy creativity! T'is a work of art!

Exactly how I felt for my MX1 exam last term, ended up with second. :(

muzeikchun852

HSC
thats wat happen to our maths extension exam on thursday. everyone was looking at the question, as they made comments how easy was it, but they later commented as they didnt finish one part of the exam (12 marks), because the layout was bullshit. wat a joke, blame it on the layout.

ps. there is only two ppl who finished the exam and im one of them. ;);)

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
aww, that sucks D:
but don't worry, it's only yr11 so all that matters is that you understand what you're doing and learn from mistakes [not that I expect this to make you feel better, but still]. try telling your teacher, sometimes they can do something and use your mark out of the questions you attempted? =\

on the other hand, if you write like that you'll probably do well in english :p

HSC
thats wat happen to our maths extension exam on thursday. everyone was looking at the question, as they made comments how easy was it, but they later commented as they didnt finish one part of the exam (12 marks), because the layout was bullshit. wat a joke, blame it on the layout.

ps. there is only two ppl who finished the exam and im one of them. ;);)
You my friend, are the voice of a generation.

By generation I'm referring to me, however I did manage to complete my MX1 exam, stuff up and come second. :D

hscishard

HSC
What the hell. Are you an "english" dude?

I still can't distinguish whether or not this was a creative writing task. Lol.

My definition of prelim: Experiment how to achieve full marks. Learn from your mistakes.

Just make sure you know what you did wrong and how you could've done better :)

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
The marks are in the working. You may get it wrong BUT you should get part marks for working. It all depends on where exactly you made the mistake and even then, if you work correctly with the wrong results, you can still get marks (CFPA used to be all over my exams - Correct For Previous Answer). Take heart.

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
The marks are in the working. You may get it wrong BUT you should get part marks for working. It all depends on where exactly you made the mistake and even then, if you work correctly with the wrong results, you can still get marks (CFPA used to be all over my exams - Correct For Previous Answer). Take heart.
He didn't do Question 5 at all :\

What I do is, finish my paper, then take a quick skim at all of my question papers to make sure I've done them, before proceeding to check more closely. I'm always afraid of doing something like you did :S

HSC
Uni Grad
The thing is... I skipped the question. I didn't do it :(

muzeikchun852

HSC
Believe me when I say my maths teacher is a quick marker.
my maths teacher is also a quick marker (apparently she finished our assessment task's marking in two days), but i havent been to school since we are having exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)