study tips (1 Viewer)

Raginsheep

HSC
I find myself in exactally the same position as you. I guess find an area where you can work that has no distractions. Maybe just a table, desk lamp, stuff relating to the stuff you're studying exactally at that moment and stationary.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
If you can't concentrate, then forcing yourself generally WON'T work. What you need to do is either convince yourself to study or more likely, change your environment. e.g.: noise, seating, light light, room smell (fresh air does wonders).

It's something learnt. Don't expect it to come automatically. And furthermore, you won't be able to study well for something you hate. I tried to do SOR1 study notes and It took me an hour to do half a page... and that half a page was crap anyway (but SOR1 is crap, too so it is all good).

HSC
read 'master the HSC' by peter sheahan
its an excel book with lots of tips on successful studying
the guy who wrote it is a motivational speaker who got a UAI in the high 90s

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
a guy who did the hsc last yr told us that the best way for him was to just set aside a certain time period every day or however frequently (but keep it strict) and study during that time
also i did it this yr and i found that just reading the text book to revise isnt enough - i try and do practise qs and to make some brief notes, and then put them away and tell myself to write all i know about 'x' - and then find out what u missed from ur notes.

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
also mind maps sometimes help coz if u can visualise the page and where the points are on it it helps some ppl remember them more effectively

S

Sheehan :)

seriously this works............give up drinking juice.soft drinks and anythin else and only drink water when ur thirsty.do this for like 10 days an ur concentration levels woll increase and ull have a lot more stamina

santaslayer

HSC
use a mindmap

use perfume or colours to help memory

dont go to the library if you're only gonna check guys/girls out..

''ok, we've got the chemistry...now lets do the physics''....

go to the toilet b4 u start a study session, fill a waterbottle up...shut the door behind you...that way yoiu have no excuses to get outta ur chair....unplug the computer...

Raginsheep

HSC
Obviously better looking ones than those who hang around my local library!

jarrad

HSC
N/A
exquisite_gurl said:
any good study tips because i really find it hard to concentrate
My older sister take ginko biloba, apparently they improve you memory, concentration and alertness. Plus answer lots of questions relevant to each subject or exam papers from previous years helps.

Nikearashaei

HSC
well it is genrally easier to study if you actually have an interest in the subject, but you can't really froce yourself t study and sometimes when i do i end up learnign bare minimum.

HSC
Get a teacher to talk to you about the course

I used too despise chemistry, my chemistry teacher then sat down and talked to me for about 20min about how the way i interact in class, and she pointed out ways on how I work, and how im the type of person for chemistry

dont ask my why, this unlocked this little chemistry interest in me, and bang i just shot up in marks, ranking and my interest sky rocketed

you also have to have a nice teacher

i personally dont give a shit about the stuff we learn abotu in maths general, it will most probably never apply to me in real life, and if it ever did, im not retarded so ill figure it out, but i got the best maths teacher i could ask for

my other 2 subjects SDD/IT is simply my keen interest in computers, even with stupid teachers i achieve well because if youre into comptuers alot you'd know already whta most the teachers on about, or at least a basic understanding, or furthermore a keen interest to fuel what the teachers telling you

business studies i have close to no interest for, thus why im getting 63/171 for business studies, which is alright but not good, but recently im just asking questions about whats happening in class, visualise about what the teachers talking about and how it applys to real life, then it clicks in

finally, english, i cant stress how much of a up and down subject this is, you either despise it totally or love it, if youre the person who does not easily get captivated, prepare to go good in english, if youre the type that flows along with everything then you will have to stop the way you view everything
initally i got 50/200 for english, but now its dropped too 78/215
I also didnt beat the average of 60/100 as i got 57/100

now i went to SAM, and i calculated my yearly results too SAM, and found my UAI in the mid 60s, then i went and pumped up my eng result to a reasonble 70-80%, and bang my UAI shot up to 80

then when i put english back down, and ALL my other subjects up to 80%, they didnt get same as english

even CHEMISTRY!, that goes too show that it enraged me too put in my best for english

you need to have self motivation and encouragement, i recieved the first bits of encouragement after my sister telling stories of she doing her HSC 10 years ago, her T.E.R. was low 90s, (which in todays UAI is ALOT higher), and she layed down methods, stratergies, analysed me and that encouraged me too study

for my year 11 yearlies, i went from 1 hour a day study to what im used too, to 4 hours a day, i jumped that in 1 week study, i went up 30min a day increments in study time

i wish i was back in start of year 11, you guys reading this have a fresh start, study hard, because once it comes to year 12, the hard study you did wont seem like much where as those people who go "just study hard for year12" - fuck that, you wont be too used too studying hard in year 12, thats thinking short sighted, if you start NOW in year 11, you will have the ethics and hard study morals, so when you are presented with HSC and must study 5+ hours a day, and you do 4 hours a day for year 11, it doesnt seem much of a task compared to used to doing 0 hours a day then jump to 5

catch my drift ? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)