Who despises english advanced already? (1 Viewer)

Pubert

HSC
English advanced is my most boring, depressing and shittest subject so far. We are learning about Sylvia Plaths poems who just hapens to be physco and writes extremely depressing poetry. She also committed suicide by putting her head in an oven, and has attempted once before by overdosing on sleeping pills.

Who shares my feelings for english adv?

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Yes. You (and many others) have just come to the realisation that Stage 6 Advanced English is incredibly boring, confusing and all round shit.

That said, supply answers which are boring, confusing and all round shit, and you'll probably do really well.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
English Adv is alright im doing othello and im doing realism in ext 1 which is really boring.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
English Advanced is the worst subject EVER... I have a brilliant teacher now who makes it bearable... just. Mr brightside is 100% correct in what he states.

Pubert

HSC
English ext is A WHOLE LOT DIFFERENT than advanced. I am actually enjoying EXT1 as we are learning about how the media exploits and manipulates language. In advanced we are learning about gender relations.

HSC
yeahh... me 2.. ext 1 is so much betta than eng 2U... neways.. were woin isolation and depression... its jus plain weird..

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
blehh.. eng adv is just so.. i dunno how to describe.. but boring could fit pretty easily.. acutally i think i despise english all along anyway..

HSC
In english adv. we are doing "justice" and are looking at "The Crucible"
In english ext. we are looking at how texts have changed through time (we were looking at different versions of Little Red Riding Hood). I'm pretty sure that we are also going to do "Crime fiction"

That reminds me, I've got some exglish ext. homework to do...

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
English advanced is my worst subject ever, ive always hated englsh but this yr has made me hate it even more. All my subjects are fun and exciting except english we are reading a novel called Maestro and a play called Summer of the seventeenth doll.

HSC
Oops, I forgot to mention, I don't like english either, and like you gadbil, all of my other subjects are fun! Even maths is reasonably fun (thanx to the people in my class!)

vizman

HSC
om igod, i so agree, adv. eng sucks. were doing the romantics for the 3RD TIME (yr9,10 and now 11), its so friggin boring,

on the other hand ext. 1 is looking pretty good so far :)

luce711

HSC
i HATE adv eng so much~!~! i m doin T.S.Eliot poemz atm...they all so confuzin and so sad... andSO BORINGn...doin othello nex...i fink im gonna die soon !!
english totallli SUX!~~!

HSC
luce711 said:
i HATE adv eng so much~!~! i m doin T.S.Eliot poemz atm...they all so confuzin and so sad... andSO BORINGn...doin othello nex...i fink im gonna die soon !!
english totallli SUX!~~!
I think I'm doing Othello next too

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
luce711 said:
english totallli SUX!~~!
Yes, if I were you I would dislike advanced english as well. Probably because you need to spell to do well at it.

In other news, we are doing 'Changes,' which isn't too bad. We are doing Slessor which is really really good. I have an excellent teacher though who really explains everything to us.

In extension english, we are doing Mrs Dalloway. We haven't started reading it yet though. Instead we have been doing background research on Virginia Woolf's life and looking at a plot summary of Mrs Dalloway etc.

So far year 11 english is a lot better than I expected it to be, but once again, having one of the best teachers does help.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
I think I'm doing Othello next too
Im doing othello right now in eng adv. so pm me if u need help

Im getting a 3000 word essay assignment for english extension in a few weeks :(

Justin

HSC
There is only one thing that's worse than Advanced English, and that's Standard English.

Just don't forget that the main purpose of the course is to determine that you can write efficiently.

Learning the modules is important, but that isn't the main purpose of the subject. The purpose of the subject is to make sure that you are literate when you enter society, and that you are able to critically analyse text.

In other words, don't talk like this:

english totallli SUX!~~!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)