Ranks for English (1 Viewer)

Chang

HSC
i reckon u did better than me
im doing standard english and i came 89/220
that includes advanced students and the ext1 students. when we get separate ranks from the advanced students id be like 39/170

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
at least u get ur ranks.. we dun get told abt them T__T

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
I don't want to even go into ranks for English, grrr one essay can stuff you up so bad, lets talk about a different subject like legal or geog, im 1 in both of those LMAO.

Sorry im going on about nothing, carry on....

Giant Lobster

HSC
heh ranks... they're all relative across diff schools and are ultimately meaningless when u look at it across schools.

e.g. pros like ryan that go fort st (o_O) wif a rank in top 50 will be worth more than top 10 in my shitbox sefton :D :( :p

Chang

HSC
our ranks came in our half yearly results. They didnt post up everyones ranks so that was alright

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
have u realised that its the competition within the school... not between the schools? :|
yeh exactly if ur competing wif idiots then obviously u can get ranks like mine :p

proof sefton is a piece of shit: me = pure science / math wieldin geek that survives in english by following instructions. 3rd in adv. i mean wtf?! srsly im not boasting or anything. my school cert for english was low 80s and im 3rd. thats wot i meant about bs ranks dun mean anything wen u compare across these forums :)

Actuarial Boy
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
heh ranks... they're all relative across diff schools and are ultimately meaningless when u look at it across schools.

e.g. pros like ryan that go fort st (o_O) wif a rank in top 50 will be worth more than top 10 in my shitbox sefton :D :( :p
sif pro ~ fort is pretty bad these days...

used to be better than JR ... 20 years ago? lol hahah

now its plummeted away from top 10 ~ approx 15th now i think

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
now its plummeted away from top 10 ~ approx 15th now i think
oh yeh.....shocking rank, what a shit school.....:rolleyes: lol

wtf! schools include ext1, adv and std in ranks. how do they manage that, when each do diff assessments?

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Chang
i reckon u did better than me
im doing standard english and i came 89/220
that includes advanced students and the ext1 students. when we get separate ranks from the advanced students id be like 39/170
Originally posted by Rahul
oh yeh.....shocking rank, what a shit school.....:rolleyes: lol

wtf! schools include ext1, adv and std in ranks. how do they manage that, when each do diff assessments?
yahh.. i dont get that....... how do you get ranked then? say top half of the grade is like adv? bahh how is that wokred out ?! that'd be unfair if u were being ranked up against adv. students if ur doing standard :|

Chang

HSC
The assessments we did were exactly the same, for the 1st area of study we did the same topic (alienation and belonging) and the listening test that everyone did was also the same. The half yearly results were based on only these assesments. For the yearly results i hope we get the same ranks so i noe how well im doing against the advanced students, and i performs well enough i can move up into advance ^_^

coroneos

Originally posted by rhapsodyinblack
I came 40/170-something in Advanced English at James Ruse.
I don't know how good that is though.
Isn't Ruse full of asians, making it easier to come 1st?

Actuarial Boy
HSC
Isn't Ruse full of asians, making it easier to come 1st?
ummm in case u havent heard james ruse has one of the best english records... being asian doesnt mean ur shit at english

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)