chemistry! Help pls?? (1 Viewer)

ceweq

Can someone help??PLS :(

does anyone have any notes on module 3 and 4 of chemistry?

im really struggling and considering dropping next year :worried:
but i still want to pass at least my chem prlim exam the upcoming week before dropping it for yr 12

thanx guys:D

Last edited:

Giant Lobster

HSC
omg ppl actually write up notes for stuff in yr 11? thats yr 12 style!
and frankly if ur finding u need to take chem that seriously to survive in it, then... well its gonna get worse. :(

ceweq

no, my prelim is not next week

i know i should've write up my own notes

how's writing up notes yr 12 style?
dun every1 write notes for stuffs?

Giant Lobster

HSC
erm... not unless ur including actual work in class as note-taking. well no1 in my school does it and some r kickin ass.

why do u need to make notes when u can just read the text book? u got conq chem prelim course? if so thats all u need id say. just read over and over if u think u need it.

kow_dude

HSC
writing notes for chem is a waste of time because there are summaries in textbooks (eg "key points" in Chemistry Context textbook) that are already done for you... and especially if u have Excel. I'd rather spend my time practising questions rather making repetitive notes.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
it is not a waste of time to write notes...

sexysarah2003

I am doing year 12 chemistry and l am in year 11. Our school is seriously weird, we do maths and english over two years (11 and 12) 2 subjects in year 11 (premil and HSC) and the other two in year 12. I am currently doing Chemical monitoring and management in the HSC course. Making notes is a great idea, or looking in a sylabus for what you really need to know, and then summarising on those parts and practising questions.

No doubt chemistry is a hard subject but u have to learn to win and beat that. So keep on trying and you'll get there!

ceweq

how come u doing yr 12 chem in yr 11??
accelerated program or sumthing.

btw thanx anyway to whoever try to help :)

kow_dude

HSC
Originally posted by sexysarah2003
kow_dude, you are very wrong, making notes is not a waste of time. It makes you understand it more.
well for me, making notes is too time consuming and i understand more when i answer questions. Notetaking is should be done during classes... revision and practise questions i do at home...
well this strategy works for me...

sexysarah2003

Originally posted by kow_dude
well for me, making notes is too time consuming and i understand more when i answer questions. Notetaking is should be done during classes... revision and practise questions i do at home...
well this strategy works for me...
You do have a point there. Note taking should be done in class, but hey, whats the harm of making notes in your spare time?

Also if it works for you then thats fine ^_^

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
ahah the reason why i only do notes is because our bloody syllabus has too much history and applications of chemostry... it used to be mainly calculations.. but u have to apply theres to everyday life.... like pollution, uses of this uses of that.. reasons for this reasons for that.. outcomes grr.,... !

kow_dude

HSC
Originally posted by sexysarah2003
You do have a point there. Note taking should be done in class, but hey, whats the harm of making notes in your spare time?

Also if it works for you then thats fine ^_^
I guess note taking during spare time is considered "revision"... when it comes to year 12, i think notes/summaries are important for easy reference instead or reviewing the entire textbook ~

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Hey All your notes are in a text book, make sure in class you understand the concept... a friend of mine's class only take notes, our teacher just talks and explains, and we do things at home (ie... tag pages in textbooks, highlight, trust me ppl using texts after you will thank you for it) and study from there... thats whats important, we end up kicking them later...

tazzy

HSC
just start revising now

read ur text book...

u'll be just fine

Tocatina

How many different ways are their of making a cup of coffee? Limited. It is the same for HSC questions - there are set syllabus questions, that can only be answered so many ways. My advice is to try and do a few past Prelim and HSc papers. Myself and my teacher believe that is the best way to prepare for exams.

Giant Lobster

HSC
one thing i noticed is that the stuff i write in class is pretty useless. maybe cos im really unorganised / horrendous handwriting but i find reading from a proper book is a much better study / cram aid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)