Year 11 Advanced English - Area of Study (1 Viewer)

WaterRat

HSC
Hello people,

I was just wondering what area of study you are doing for advanced 2 unit english. At my school we are doing the Individual and Society.

However, talking to a few friends of mine, none of them are doing the Individual and Society as an Area of Study, most of them were doing the study - Change.

So what Area of Study are you doing?

Ryan

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
it's odd that you are doing "indiv and soc" because it is a set elective for HSC English Extension 1 for the Module of "Ways of Thinking"...wonder if it's technically "allowed" ...:confused:

most schools would choose to do change (as you noted) because it's broad and is no longer in the English HSC syllabus

P

pLuvia

Sarah168 said:
it's odd that you are doing "indiv and soc" because it is a set elective for HSC English Extension 1 for the Module of "Ways of Thinking"...wonder if it's technically "allowed" ...:confused:

most schools would choose to do change (as you noted) because it's broad and is no longer in the English HSC syllabus
This is preliminary english advanced :confused:

Anyway, at my school we did "Discovery" and good start for our HSC AoS which was physical journey. It doesn't really matter what AoS you do in year 11 it just gives you an idea of what the AoS is like

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I know it's prelim eng adv but it would be an unfair adv for them if kids choose to do ee1 next yr and the teacher happens to choose "indiv and society"

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Without Wings said:
Smiths Hill High appears to be doing Individual and Society as an area of study for their prelim class this year. Another student from this school asked me about this a month or so ago. Anyways, here's my response from then:

Source

Pluvia: It does matter what they are studying if it is something they shouldn't be studying. You are not meant to start HSC work until term 4 of the year - so Term 4 of 2006 in these students case.
Hurrah! I've been vindicated :) Thanks Karen :p

P

pLuvia

Without Wings said:
Smiths Hill High appears to be doing Individual and Society as an area of study for their prelim class this year. Another student from this school asked me about this a month or so ago. Anyways, here's my response from then:

Source

Pluvia: It does matter what they are studying if it is something they shouldn't be studying. You are not meant to start HSC work until term 4 of the year - so Term 4 of 2006 in these students case.
Mustn't have took that into account :p my bad

Well it gives them an upperhand, but I doubt the teacher would choose that as an elective for the future EE1 class, I don't think the teachers will cheat the system would they? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i think the teacher would have even more reason to choose it...

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
my school's doing personal power, using the texts of Othello and Brilliant Lies, we recently had a mini lecture assessment on this theme.

Gangels

HSC
Individual and Society? I didnt even know that was on the cirriculum. We did Journey and are now doind change.

Is that not what the compulsory topics are or am i just an idiot:)

kb1509

NO COMPROMISE
HSC
we're doing.. satire.. and we just finished poetry..

kenya01

HSC
Our school is using 'the future' as our area of study and is using 'Brave New World' as our text...

subjectiv

HSC
N/A
We're doing change. Just finished changing perspectives, now we're doing transformations.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
what the hell? what's with all these schools studying topics and texts from the HSC syllabus??

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Im doing 'connections' studying 4 texts, 'shakespeare in love', 'othello', 'dead white males' and 'the herbal bed'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)