Pick up a subject (1 Viewer)

Lumina

Hey guys, i was just wondering if it was possible to pick up an entirely new course, in year 12

in other words, can you pick up a subject and do BOTH prelim and HSC course in one year?

Lumina

also, i wont be able to do it at my school, as my school cant fit it into the timetable, so i might have to go on sunday or saturday

Lumina

i would only do that because im absolutely failing SDD and i cant drop it because next year ill have 11 units and if i drop it i have 9....

i guess if you cant...i got no choice but if there was a way..

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
or they might make u do hsc but u'll have to do ONE subject of prelim but u'll finish ur hasc one year and one subject late.. so.. it'd be kinda embarrassing sitting in a class full of yr 11s when ur supposed to be in yr 12.... :|

Leap

free falling
HSC
If you're doing 3 unit English or Maths you can pick up a 4th unit at the end of year 11...but I wouldn't recommend it unless you really want to & are good at those subjects

Giant Lobster

HSC
i think ur better off gettin ur SDD fixed up, insted of giving up altogether
the procedure ur referring to is complicated and annoying to go thru, and thats if they let u!

Chang

HSC
if ur accelerated u can pick up distinction courses which not only count to the UAI but scale very nicely (i heard scales like 3u maths)

theres been couple of treads about distinction courses already so u can check those out

Jeo

Well, a friend of mine did not do YR 11 SDD picked up half way thru year 12 and hes doing pretty good top 5 out of about 30 i think ... he didn't do prelim course.... i picked up ME2 in yr 12 :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
a whole course in one year usually = tafe. so i don't know, it would be VERY hard, maybe you could do it after the year after the hsc at tafe if you really wanted to do it?

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Doing subjects through correspondance really sucks. Ive been doing music through correspondance since my crappy school didnt run a course for it this year and its really difficult at times. Id stay with SDD.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I know it sucks, my best friend is doing senior science by correspondance and she has no one else in her situation.

I am doing biology, hospyitality and chemistry all in one year.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
there was this guy at my schoool who was forced to repeat year 11 economics in yr 12... because he was an accelerant stuident like me... doing 4 unit.. and the 4th unit on the 4 unit maths is a HSC course.. and he needed 12 PRELIMINARY units.. and the school acidently counted that as the 12th unit... poor guy.. he has to pay for the school's mistake :cold:

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
u cannot pick a hsc cousre if u didn do it in year 11 (exception of extension lang's, history and maths/english - if u fulfil the criteria)

theres a certain amount of hrs in year 11 u have to do if u wish to do a course in year 12... which of course means u cannot pick up an entirely new sub in year 12 without doing prelim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)