Chemistry-Metals (1 Viewer)

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
Hey guys, i have an assignment on metals, their are a few questions i have to answer which are allright, except this question " Describe the relationship between the commercial prices of common metals (especially aluminium, iron and copper), their actual abundances and relative cost of production". I don't actually understand what this question is asking me to do, and how do i go about answering this?
Thanxs so much

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
hehe i hate that assignment, i did mine last week or so

Jono_2007

My fingers are slowly slipping off a cliff!....HEL
HSC
gadbil said:
Hey guys, i have an assignment on metals, their are a few questions i have to answer which are allright, except this question " Describe the relationship between the commercial prices of common metals (especially aluminium, iron and copper), their actual abundances and relative cost of production". I don't actually understand what this question is asking me to do, and how do i go about answering this?
Thanxs so much
Ok, first of all describe means to give the main features of, so in this question all you need to do is list the main points about this relationship. The actual relashonship is that the commercial price of these metals is proportional to how abundant the metal is, and also how reactive it is, i.e/ how hard is it or how much energy is required to extract the metals from its ore.
Example Response:​
The commercial price of common metals is proportional to the abundance of the metal and the relative cost of production. Therefore if it costs more to extract the metal, it will therefore be passed on to the consumer in forms of higher prices. If the ore is abundant, then the cost of the mineral is reflected in its value, as the demand will be more than the supply. The location and transportation cost also have an effect on the prices of metals.

_Jono_

jblueyesn

HSC
i'm doing that assessment task right now!!
Where did you find the abundances, prices and costs of extraction??
i've been searching for sooo loooong!

also, i suggest a table to put it in!! =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)