english xam (1 Viewer)

ADeLe*

HSC
N/A
awh :(
just did the common xam for english (advanced) and i didnt finish! how are u supposed to plan and write a series of extended responses, an essay and a script in 2 hrs?! how can i get faster? any tips? i wanna do better in the adv paper!

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
How long was your plan if it is an extended respose it should only be a couple of dot points with like a couple of words, lol two english papers, ones enough, (and yes i know i have to do 2 next year...)

KarmaKitten

HSC
umm our extented responses were quite long,

i managed to finish though, i seem to have a lot of practise being able to finish but that doesnt mean i write anything that has a point to it

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Just make sure you set out a time limit for each question and STICK TO IT. I have about 5 mins to plan then i think about 40 to write each section. It seems to work for me.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
yes ! thats wat we did... i didnt finish either... i was just about finishing my conclusion when they told me 'pens down' :chainsaw: i think i just bullshitted about nothing.. i prob wont do that well.. bleah~

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
bleh had mine on thurs...

1.5 hrs... 2 essays...

supposedly 3 pages per essay... so 6 pages in total(recommended)

somehow i wrote so much and so damn fast i did 10 pages...
came outta exam room with sore arm for the whole day =|

i HOPE they can read my writing roflz its so shocking when i write fast

Giant Lobster

HSC
fruck 10 pgs?! man thats hardcore...

my eng exam was 4+2+3 total, consisting of questions, wri-task and essay. but i write huge as so thats prolly = 6 pages of sane writing. omg omg 10 pgs :rolleyes:

and hmm.. about improving speed in these exams, i suggest planning and trying to remember a generic essay for one part and adapting it to the question. it alleviates the thinking needed when ur up to that part, all u gotta do is write.

Actuarial Boy
HSC
most of it was illegible so yeah -.-"

i dunno i tend to b able to write fast but never neat

mystytyger

ack! i don't know how you people write so much o.o
i only did about 6 pages for two essays, and i didn't finish one of the conclusions >.<
why for they make us write so much in so short time?? -_-
i can't write proper english like that!

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
i got my exam on monday part A though so its only writing reading and essay on the stupid justice shit...
i dont know what to do.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
A good thing to do is ask your english teacher for past papers, so you can see what type of questions they ask and how big they are. then you should be prepared, read the book, see the movie whatever. When you read the question break it up and not only answer the question in detail but put some extra things as well. When l did othello l got 3rd highest in the class because l planned my time carefully.

Actuarial Boy
HSC
use larger font thx... so we dont have to squint...

and make ur sig smaller too... its annoying coz it takes up 3/4 of the screen T_T

ADeLe*

HSC
N/A
i realised wat one of problems is...its my damn handwriting...i write like my grandmother! really flouncy... its like the 'edwardian script' in word! haha i'll have to try and make it simpler but its gna b hard because im so used to it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)