Australian Science Olympiads (1 Viewer)

Zero Infinite

HSC
I'm curious to know how many people here are doing any/all of the Science Olympiads. I'm doing Chemistry and Physics. How do you feel about the difficulty? How much preparation have you put into it?

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Two fo my friends at school are doing the phys one, one said that she hasn't started preparation yet, the other said that she's not gonna try very hard after doing two whole weeks of uni phys in the holidays. According to her, it's too hard. >.o Gee I'm glad I didn't sign myself up for them :p I know another Year 10 girl from another school doing phys and bio olympiads too, she was gonna try out for the chem one as well, but she ended up ridding that idea.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
I know Wooz, one of the bosers on here, is trying to get into the Biology Oympiads, and there have been a couple of others who I know have considered doing one of those Olympiads.
Yeah, i've done hapes of work in bio olympiad i even bought the text book $130 and over 1000 paes :( Eeep!!!

4 people do chem, 4 others do physics, 4 inc me do bio at my school, but none of them except me take it seriously, theirs one chick who contacted me on BOS, cant remember who but shes doing chem and has studied most of the silberberg chem book.

Good luck to all of you doing Aso, despite ruse always getting in as usual.

theodore223

God's reincarnate
HSC
Olympiads

Hey, i was just wondering who was involved with the science olympiads this year. Im doing the chem and physics (going to do really bad!). I was wondering if anyone involved in all 3 sciences?

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Re: Olympiads

I remember Wooz saying he was doing the bio one this year.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC

For those of you who dont know www.aso.edu.au entries closed in July.

I have met two people in person who were doing both chem and physics olympiads, one guy from normo and one from maq fields. Quite a few people especially from selective schools like NSB/G, SHS, Ruse, Baulko, Hnsb, etc are doing two of the olympiad NQE's. But i havent met or heard of anyone doing all three olympiads.

theodore223

God's reincarnate
HSC

Well, my school is doing the 3 test over the next 3 weeks. I think i was entered ages ago, at the least, asked ages ago. So has anyone been accepted to do the intensive training?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC

The exams for aso are timetabled to ensure fairness and integrity of the exam like the hsc. No one has been accepted for training in Canberra invitations will be given out during october-november through your school if you are in the top 23-25 in Australia.

Pubert

HSC

Did the physics olympiad yesterday, it was very hard. Alot harder than i expected but the teacher reassured us that our prelims wont be the same difficulty. For the people that did it, the four questions i chose were the pulley, the box on the cart, the electrical circuits one and the space question which i dont think i got any marks for.

Would be very happy to pass.

Also Wooz im gonna PM you about something.

me&you

HSC

A couple of people from my school are doing both Physics and Chemistry =O

falcon07

HSC

I found it quite challenging. The questions I did were the pulley, the hose, the circuit and the box. I finished with about 5 minutes left. I'm doing the chemistry olympiad as well, which I expect to be much harder.

onethreehundred

HSC
N/A

I did the hose, circuit, sun, box. What percentage do you guys expect to get?

Last edited:

Daddark

HSC

OK I think i actually GOT 100%...easiest test evar,.... also i would like to thank the teachers for sharing da answars...awesome.. also i am attempting that bio paper so i think i will get 100% in dat as well LOL!

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC

Daddark said:
OK I think i actually GOT 100%...easiest test evar,.... also i would like to thank the teachers for sharing da answars...awesome.. also i am attempting that bio paper so i think i will get 100% in dat as well LOL!
Prove it n00b, no one has ever gotten 100% in the bio and physics olympiad nqe's.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)