Help (1 Viewer)

Aussiechick

HSC
I'm just about to finish Year 11, am currently doing yearly exams.

This year I did

English Advanced
English Extension 1
2U Maths
IPT
Music 1
Modern History
Photography (1U)

I'm almost failing 2U maths, with an average mark of 50%. I'm also not that crash hot at IPT (due to a very bad teacher). So I'm thinking about dropping one of these subjects. The problem is, which one? I'm considering going down to General Maths, where everyone says I'll get really high marks, and then still keep IPT. I just wonder if I'll have the time to put in the extra work I'll need to get a better mark in IPT if I don't drop anything. My teacher hasn't taught us anything all year in IPT, we've just read the textbook.

I'll be picking up Extension History and Extension 2 English as well.

So my options are,
Continue doing what I'm doing,
Drop to General Maths
Continue with 2U Maths, drop IPT
Drop to General, keep IPT
drop to General, drop IPT.

What do you think? Please Help!

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
MAINLY
what are you aiming for?

should yourself be self studying alot and spending time and concerntrating on those subs and areas of weakness.. even if ur teacher is shit as.. it depends on you .. my biology teacher is shit at .. but i study and learn everything myself.. i tend to enjoy it alot better and understand things for myselfs more thouroughly... for maths.. have you thought about getting a tutour for maths?
i dont know what is best for you.. you should also talk to your careers advisor.. they help alot !

hmm it also depends on how ur doing compared to the rest of your grade...

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i agree with kimmy on ipt...but it seems like u might do better in gen maths or with a tutor..depends how well u go with individual help

Aussiechick

HSC
thanks guys :) I'm leaning towards keeping IPT now, because I noticed that it scales a bit better than general maths.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
listen to kimmeh she's like the mother of the BOS prelim area

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)