I'm not sure if I should change school... (1 Viewer)

coool

Hi
I'm in year 11 now and I want to change to MLC next year(My current school's crap...110th in sydney).But the problem is I can't continue doing ESL in MLC cuz they don't provide the course. I'v been in Aus for only one year and I decided to do year 11 all over again if I'll move. Obviously ESL is the most suitable one for me...should I change school? Thanks a lot

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
First of all, your schools rank is no indication of how you will go--it is very superficial to label your school 'crap' cos it is at 110. Perhaps it is you that is doing badly? MLC is a great school, but not because of its academic results, because of the entire package. You are not going to significantly improve your results (if at all) by changing schools--it is something YOU have to do by working harder.
I think you need to step back and examine your priorities before making any decisions.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I was in a similar situation, by doing year 11 all over again at a diff school, but l'd have to make new friends, have different tecahersand everything would be different. I have decided l will stay at myschool and do an extra year.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
i think you should stay... moving because the school is 110th is not a good reason.. my school is selective and we ddint even make the top 150 last year (macquarie fields).. so i think you should be happier ! lol
but i'm going to be moving schools for year 12 because my subsjects dont match up.. i think it isnt a good idea.. but my situation is reasonable.. plus its a bit too late to change schools...i'm sure every scholl has done their enrolments and classing for each subject alredyy..

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
yep hsc for us begins in 2-3 wks :D (wk 2 for my skool)

coool

Originally posted by kimmeh
i think you should stay... moving because the school is 110th is not a good reason..
The most important reason why I want to move is that I want to improve my english but not that my current school isn't good...
There're many Chinese...I only got little chance to practice speaking right now...Maybe the situation in MLC will be better?I hope.(cuz not so many overseas...) I don't want my speaking to be still crap when i'm in uni...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
try making friends out of school that you can practise your speaking with..but if it is anything like how you can write, then i say you would have no problem once at uni, because you can communicate very well.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
MLC has a lot of chinese too... but i'm sure if u do move u will have a lot better prac in english :)

Giant Lobster

HSC
wudnt having alot of ppl that cud speak english and ur language be an advantage, if learning english ur objective?

Budhima

Damn y'all got lots of skools to choose from yeah?, cos u in Sydney and shit. Its not like that in the country...

coool

If i move...I wonder how much my speaking can be improved within two years? Normally? I'm sure my english mark in HSC will be better if i stay, but i think my actual english level will be better if i move.
I'll do Standard rather than ESL if I move, does this affect my HSC much? my target is 96+,is it possible to achieve the goal if the english mark is just around 60? Thanks a lot

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
i think ur better off doing esl than standard....

i dont know about the english mark of 60.. what band is that? hmm a mere band 3 or 2? i have nfi.... i guesss ur other subs have to be like 100 because english is counted towards the 10 units for uai.. so... like band 6 for everything else then an band 4 or 3 looks.. kinda.. shityy.. so yeah.. english is really important in our hsc... :chainsaw:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
lol depends if ur willing to travel there or not
Well I've got about 7 to chose from if I chose to travel or pay for a private school, but I would rather walk 800m to school then catch a bus. Of course if I moved about 6 km I could do the VCE and get to use Graphics calculators.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)