urgent help needed!!! (1 Viewer)

coool

Hi
I was planning to change school but I'm undecided...
I'm sure my english mark in HSC will be better if i stay, but i think my actual english level will be better if i move.( i've been in Aus for one year and I want to repeat yr11 if i move)
I'll do Standard rather than ESL if I move, does this affect my HSC much? my target is 96+,is it possible to achieve the goal if the english mark is just around 60? Thanks a lot

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
I think this post whould be better of in one of the HSC guidence boards...

lily2003

I'm not too sure about the differences in ESL and standard. but standard english is capped, which could end up affecting your UAI
good luck though

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by coool
Hi
I was planning to change school but I'm undecided...
I'm sure my english mark in HSC will be better if i stay, but i think my actual english level will be better if i move.( i've been in Aus for one year and I want to repeat yr11 if i move)
I'll do Standard rather than ESL if I move, does this affect my HSC much? my target is 96+,is it possible to achieve the goal if the english mark is just around 60? Thanks a lot

in the last 2 or 3 years, ESL scaled more higher than standard.. why that is so..is so weird.. but there is another thread like this before..thus ESL would give u a better chance for u getting a higher UAI

i moved schools for this term.. so.. i started year 12 at another school.. it really doesnt depend on the school on ur UAI.. its about YOU . i dont know what people complain about going to a shit school.. now that i;ve moved.. i really miss my old school [macquarie fields - half selective] .. the teachers are good and the atmosphere is good too :).. only the problem is there that we have such a big range of students doing well and then it drops drmatically to those that dont do well.. but if u can ace a 'shit' school, then thats good for you!.. Girraween [fully selective] was a benefit for me because i know now that i have to work my ass off to keep up with the smarties there. i think its a good thing because it makes me stretch my potentials :)

when u move schools there is SO much adjusting to do. because of my travelling , i'm soo poooped out, i go to sleep at like 10 coz i'm so tired and i dont do my homework.. but since it was the first week, i guess i'll get used to it..

u might not be used to the way they teach and the people in the grade might not include you into their groups. you have to be REALLY careful and think it though thouroughly. i dont recommend it because we have now started year 12 and i dont think any school would be happy to take u in as a new student.

i thinks sarah #1 eel posted sumfing like this before and she decided to stay :)

i highly reccomend u stay at ur school, do esl english . but only YOU know what is best for you.. if u think that moving is good for you then by all means ! do it :) just dont regret and go all pissy because of your actions. because what u did was right at the time :) .. i was usnure about my decision to move and stuff.. but theres no point in regretting what is done

have faith in urself and study hard :uhuh:

all the best :):);)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)