aRaRaRaRaaHhHh....4 UniT MatHs?!?! (1 Viewer)

To do or not to do 4u maths?

• Yes

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • No

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Other....give ur opinion

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
i reckon u should give it a try at least for a little while...if u dont like it u can always drop it later in the year if u do atleast 11 units...so give it a go

KarmaKitten

HSC
there are pros????

HAH!

sorry, i do general :p, if you're good at it and are doing good in ext 1, i guess you should do it...my friend is gonna do it and she got her timetable today for next week..5 periods of maths on mondays..poor girl

stlla

5 periods of maths on monday!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
im getting my timetable tomorrow, so hopefully my 4unit maths doesn't ruin my timetable!

Anyway, +GriM ReApeR+, I also believe you should give it a go. I mean, the fact that your considering doing it must mean that you have some talent in maths. And if after a few weeks or something, you hate it, then drop it! :) What do you have to lose?

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
SCAAAAAAAAAAALLLIINNGGG!!!!

eheh...

just try it out for a while , as stulla sed u have shown some interest by asking ...

ae

HSC
ask your teacher for their opinion, it is important to hear what they think of you.

if you doing well in ext1 80++, give it a try. ask yourself if you like maths and willing to do it everydays, if yes, then do it.

i started complex number earlier this week, it is pretty interesting and fun.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
yeah if u have a lot of time and are DEVOTED and COMMITTED to study for 4 unit maths.. then do it :) its like doing two subjects.. thats how heavy the work is.. u have to constantly revise and do excercises.. minimal 2 hours a night... its a fucking challenge trying to keep up with 4 unit maths and 8 other units... its up to you.. if ur commited to study and KNOW ur going to do well.. then take advantage of the scaling system of 4 unit.. if u knwour going to slack off.. then dont do it at all..

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
no - wait wait..
first of all.. first of all, it's NOT two hours a night minimal. Kimmeh must be pretty scary if she does that much work.
when u first start - it does seem like 2/night (geez it seems like 5) but after a while u get used to it and it gets better. But she's right when it's like doing 2 subjects.. but yeah.. drop ur units down.
second - the scaling is quite scary. It is very good. If u work at it, then u'll get some exciting results.
third - u need to take note, it is a HARD subject - none of this dot-point memorising crap in ur sciences, or waffling in eco. it is hard. but it's rewarding.

finally - make up ur mind.. if u wanna start, don't fall behind everyone else =P

good luck =)

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by KarmaKitten
thats not fucking fair!
many would think otherwise.
how fair would it be to say that a person doing say 4u maths got 60% raw and another person foin subject x [ like an 'easy' subject, and everyone knows what i am talking about] and getting 60% in that.
thats the basis for the 'uber' scaling.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
4unit english is only just a MRP with a reflection statement or something... nowhere near as much work as 4unit maths

4unit maths is realli hardcore stuff...

stlla

hey guys, just thought I would let you know:
1. I have no frees. :(
2. I have 3 periods of maths on Monday.. in a row

Other than that... :rolleyes:

My 4u teacher said that we don't have enough textbooks to give to us, because the year 12 are using them, so we have to work from sheets for a term!! Sheets.. hahaha

KarmaKitten

HSC
heh stulla

my friend has 5 periods of maths on monday, one of them is a triple :p

and im using sheets for maths as well, how poor are we?

Giant Lobster

HSC
I had one 4u math lesson so far. I died. It was uni lecture style; teachers just talk and u copy w/e u want. but then when u try to copy, they finish talkin bout somefin and switch overheads and im like FCUK and everyone looks at me. :rolleyes: And its scary cos like, the teachers just say "these chapters r relevant, do em if u wanna" and call that h/w and ur faced with a dilemma of doin it or not.

other than that, everyone is also dieing in 4u, so its all relative. I see alot of idiots in my class too, so thats a plus for my rank. :D

4u english however, seems pretty relaxing, i had one lesson of it too. Best Afternoon Nap Ever. haha nah jk im sure it gets hardcore later on... :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)