HSC English Extension 1 (1 Viewer)

= Jennifer =

HSC
hey all u 3 & 4 unit ppl!!!

could some one please tell me what topics and stuff we are doing in extension 1 for the hsc also, how many assesments roughly,

see we have no teacher at the moment and all our 3 unit lessons are frees until we get a teacher if any1 could tell me anything it would be great so i know what is sort of going on ;)

Aussiechick

HSC
well so far I know we're doing speculative fiction. the teacher didn't tell us our other topics yet. For speculative fiction we're studying Lord of the Rings (movie) and two books.. the Handmaids Tale & Dune

Last edited:

lily2003

Number of assessments

Just replying to your question about how many assessments you get for 3 unit and 4 unit english. i'm doing the HSC this year and did both those subjects. For 3 unit english, we had three assessments throughout the year, plus the trial. your school could be different though. one unit subjects usually have a little less assessments. as for 4 unit, you only have to do 3 assessments. the proposal, the viva, and the report in term three. good luck!

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
I'm doing crime fiction or revenge, but i don't know which one as the teachers are yet to be finalised.

we have 5 assessment tasks including the trial HSC :p

lily2003

oh, if anyone is doing the elective of "postmodernism", and needs a lot of notes and/or a tutor, let me know asap. cos i have the best notes!

KarmaKitten

HSC
Originally posted by lily2003
oh, if anyone is doing the elective of "postmodernism", and needs a lot of notes and/or a tutor, let me know asap. cos i have the best notes!
I AM! I would be so grateful!:D and i would like a tutor maybe...

lily2003

i'll email it to you over the weekend...send me an email or reply here to remind me sometime over the next day or two. and i would be more than happy to tutor you in postmodernism - just let me know

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
ext1 - depends what your teacher chooses. we did about 4 assessments all up, you study 3 texts on the one area

KarmaKitten

HSC
i'll email it to you over the weekend...send me an email or reply here to remind me sometime over the next day or two. and i would be more than happy to tutor you in postmodernism - just let me know
thank you so much!! either email me at sammy_4ever@hotmail.com
yeah, postmodernism is going right over my head.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
For our 3 unit course we are doing Gendered lanuage - which is meant to be quite difficult. I think there is only 120 people that do it.
Um 4 unit we start today so i'm very excited.

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
we're doing crime fiction for our extension english but we haven't started anything yet apart from getting P D James' "Skull beneath the skin"

= Jennifer =

HSC

if we r doing post monderism i am interested but i still dont know what i am doin! damn skool system
all i know is i am reading a novel called the bone people

is any one else reading the bone people, if so could u tell me what topic it relates to?

lily2003

the bone people is from an elective called "retreat from the global", the other possible texts you could be doing are the shipping news, the castle, the lost salt gift of blood and a selection of poems by seamus heaney.
soory i cant help!

mayhemily

HSC
we have a small class so we talked about all the options last term and decided to do crime fiction coz our teacher has done it b4. its been good so far!

karnevil

HSC
Originally posted by Aussiechick
well so far I know we're doing speculative fiction. the teacher didn't tell us our other topics yet. For speculative fiction we're studying Lord of the Rings (movie) and two books.. the Handmaids Tale & Dune
I used handmaids tale as add.-mat. for Change... one very weird story right there.

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
for eng ext, you do one elective from one module. That includes 3 prescribed texts and material of your own choosing. we have about 3-5 assessments for the whole year.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
We did crime fiction and did Snow Falling on Cedars (which I never read), The Real Inspector Hound (this was absolutely awesome!) and The Big Sleep (meh, film noir YUK). Its a really easy elective and really easy to get good marks, doesn't require a lot of effort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)