Advice for sucess in yr 11 (1 Viewer)

jason7218972

Enjoy it bludge as much as posible as it has no bearing what so ever on your hsc and remember even if u intend to do good next year you will still need energy to continue.
I made this mistake by being to hard working then realising that i did it all for nothing for a measly year that dosent get remembered the second you leave school.
and also remember not to believe anything your teachers tell you about how important year 11 is because teachers are all evil no mater how nice they seam and many will all of a sudden do as much as they can in their power to make you believe that they are nice.
they will even atempt to brain wash you into believing that what they are saying is rite.
They are all evil and havnt got a dammed clue what the hsc is like because no one knows until its over and it can be different each year
and remember most importantly that teachers are ALL evil

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Hmm even though on some points you are wrong, such as bludging, have you looked at next years syllabii, many of the modules especially the sciences makes refrence to last years work and maths is required all the time, as my teacher said "you learnt how to add in kindergarten and you are still doing that."
And wouldn't this post be more appropriate in the year 10 forum?

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
i guess just get to know how to answer questions and learn how to study with dot points and outcomes as that's what gets you marks

Kulazzi

HSC
Originally posted by jason7218972
Enjoy it bludge as much as posible as it has no bearing what so ever on your hsc....
Erm.............doesn't your HSC consist of BOTH year 11 and year 12 work??? :confused: :rolleyes:

kaseita

prelim is just background

they test the stuff you learn in hsc - but if you don't get the stuff in yr11, how ya meant to get the stuff in hsc? :p

don't worry bout yr11 too much - just make sure you understand the stuff, don't have to be perfect (the marks mean nothing). just as long as you can do the hsc stuff, ur fine...

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
mm true about the marks mean nothing.. but prelom is like a 'trial run'for your hsc... it gets prepared... its also a continuation of HSC work... i dontknow how anyone could just learn the HSC course for some subs without Prelim bg knowledge

J

jhakka

Originally posted by KarmaKitten
doesnt matter anymore. we are year 12 now!

SO YEAH
Oh joy! Oh jubilation. *sarcasm sarcasm* :|

That means I actually have to make a real effort now.

KarmaKitten

HSC
Its not gonna be that bad :p

Just enjoy it people and remember, it cant be the end of the world...unless of course you jump of a cliff because of the HSC:(

juggernaut

HSC
all u gotta remember about year 11 is... THE WORK DONT MATTER, BUT YOUR WORK ETHIC DOES

saying that, i bludged yr 11 completely... i am ready to bust caps for the hsc but!

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
hehe... h a v e f u n ....
ppl actually start studying, and u do need to get a work ethic, but don't burn urself out b4 actual exams (and believe me, term 4 assessments aren't real 'actual' exams... they count like... 5%.. so don't sweat it). but get out and have fun in the holidays and stuff.. don't be goldfish and stay indoorsy all day.

(oh and the teachers r gonna start talkin bout the 'hsc' every 20 minutes.. so get used to it)

crazylilmonkee

HSC
Good Luck new year 12's and have fun :)
as my teacher likes to say..
'don't stress too much and go to the movies occassionally'
but really.. have fun and just do ur best

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by jason7218972
Enjoy it bludge as much as posible as it has no bearing what so ever on your hsc and remember even if u intend to do good next year you will still need energy to continue.
I made this mistake by being to hard working then realising that i did it all for nothing for a measly year that dosent get remembered the second you leave school.
I agree with you. I worked my arse off in Year 11 and the previous years and just all my energy is drained by year 12. My results just unbelievably plummetted. Even though i tried my hardest, it's so hard to climb back up!

So don't overload yourself. plan out for year 12. okaiz. Start learning extra Year 12 stuff now and plan yourself well
:D

toknblackguy

HSC
would reccomend that u guys don't stress in year 11, but still pay attention!

a lot of this stuff ties into year 12, and it sucks to be viewing the stuff for the first time
other than that, take it easy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)