Freaking out!!! (1 Viewer)

fryfry

Hey, i've jus had to decide what we want to drop for next yr and i have no idea. I'm from qld originally and i found this year really hard and didnt go to well in my exams. My dad wants me to repeat but i cant stand the thought of that.

I do Maths adv, eng adv, IPT, Indonesian, Bio and physics
I have no idea what i want to do when i leave school or wether or not i want to go to uni.

Please help, i'm so confused, any advice would be great

Thanks heaps
-fryfry

Last edited:

KarmaKitten

HSC
which one do you hate the most? are bad in? if not, i just say keep it, esp languages, it might be useful.
but thats my opinion

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
i would agree so too with karma kitten. however, if english is the one ur worst in, then bad luck mate :p u have to keep it..

ummm i think physics would be the most chalenging subject of your 6 subs. i do all sciences and i think physics is really hard to understand. at least biology has meaning ! :p

discusss it with ur teachers and ur year advisor.. i'm sure theyre more than happy to help out :) good luck and cheers :)

crazylilmonkee

HSC
physics scales well tho
i would say keep it all, and if ur really finding difficulty in it later on, then drop it
my friend dropped a subject right before the trials

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
hmm i just dont see how physics and biology work withought the link of chemistry..
i mean u can do chem / phys
or chem / bio

they sound right :)

but phys / bio.. sounds a bit off course.. might as well do chemitry and all threee like meee :D:D:D:p

JimBob

HSC
N/A
Heh, I made that exact same decision a few weeks ago.

I did 2U maths, Adv English, Drama, IPT, Business, and Physics, and due to the fact that Physics is the ONLY subject I've ever failed, I smacked it on the head with a heavy hammer and kissed it goodbye. Free periods rock! :D

Good luck mate, and remember, languages are some of the best scaled things. So, choose the one you don't like, or do the worst in.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
i think english is WRONG i bet you if english wasnt a compulsory subject, 90% of english teachers would unemployed.. :p
No they would still be employed, they need them for 7-10 English, just that they would only be working part-time.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
mm i never thought of that... eheh good one xayma :)

pssstt.. xayma.. i think Karma Kitten is one whose against science :p
I know but the english teachers wouldnt be unemployed. Hmm I think its unfair us 2 on to Karma wheres coroneous when you need him.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Don't drop, don't repeat. You only need prelim for "the basics" and you can pick them up again through year 12 anyway. Just try your very best this year and if you really feel you need to shed a subject then kick it.

Seriously, you just need to get into the swing and year 12 comes naturally. Make sure you guys get working on things early though, you'll thank yourselves next July!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
i think english is WRONG i bet you if english wasnt a compulsory subject, 90% of english teachers would unemployed.. :p

lol @ freaking_out
i reckon even if english wasn't compulsory, ppl, will still do it coz it'll look bad on their hsc's i mean, look at maths, most do it, even though its not compulsory....

but yeah, i reckon it is good for it to b not compulsory for the uai count. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)